Howdy!

Nite Owl

Nov 23, 2005
Delaware County, PA
Hiya all!

Was told to come check out this place on the net and it seems like a fun spot to be so heeerrree I am!!!

A little about me: I live in Delaware County, PA.... like to go hiking, camping, take pictures, see bands play...and Geocache!!! I've spent a lot of time recently in NJ and have been really enjoying all the sites, one of my faves was the fire tower at Apple Pie Hill...which I will have to go back to on a clear day...

Just wanted to say hi!

~Sonya :D

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Nite Owl said:
Apple Pie Hill...which I will have to go back to on a clear day...

~Sonya :D

Visit it on a clear evening or night also.

Welcome!

Guy

Nite Owl

Nov 23, 2005
Delaware County, PA
Thanks for the welcome guys!!!!

Climb the AP tower at nite? Way cool! will have to put that on my list of things to do! Would be great on a full moon (or close to it)

So you're not gonna hold PA against me eh? I won't hold your being a redneck against you either! So guess we're even now!

Happy Turkey Day ~

Sonya :D

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Ben's Branch, Stephen Creek
bruset said:
Certainly parts of PA are far more "rednecky" than Jersey can ever hope to be.

They don't call it "Pennsyltucky" for nothin! :)

Tabernacle seems to be more about McMansions than rednecks these days. But there are other parts of South Jersey that might fit the bill...

Welcome Nite, glad to have you around!

uuglypher

Explorer
Jun 8, 2005
Estelline, SD
Boyd said:
They don't call it "Pennsyltucky" for nothin! :)

Thanks, Boyd ! Haven't heard anyone refer to "Pennsyltucky" since my Dad's older brother - Uncle Dave - died in '63. I'm wondering to how many on this list is the term familiar?

Dave

Badfish740

Explorer
Feb 19, 2005
Copperhead Road
My brother is looking at Lock Haven University which is right in the middle of what you'd call "Pennsyltuckey." Also not too far from where my dad's cousins live up off of the Northeast Extension. Picture ZZ Top on Harleys-when my dad was a kid and he spent time out there they used to see who could pee over the horse trailer...que dueling banjos...

uuglypher

Explorer
Jun 8, 2005
Estelline, SD
Badfish740 said:
My brother is looking at Lock Haven University which is right in the middle of what you'd call "Pennsyltuckey."

Now let's not confuse The Pennsylvania State University ("Penn State"), which is located almost exactly at the geographic center of Pennsylvania - in Centre County - by-the bye - with Lock Haven State which is located in ... wait for it ... LOCK HAVEN ... which is located at a distinct remove from the (already-occupied) center of the State ! Harumph...

Dave (Penn State, Class of '61, who dated a gal who was a student at Lock Haven ... but that's another story!)

Nite Owl

Nov 23, 2005
Delaware County, PA
Oh nooo..... not another Pennsultucky caller!!!! you're the second person to say that to me, hahahahaaa!!! Too funny! Thanks for the welcome!!! Glad to be here! Spent some time out in Wharton Friday hiking around instead of shopping... better trade off to me! Less scary if you ask me. And no, I've never been to Tabernacle.... hmmm..... should I be afraid?! LOL!

Nite Owl

Nov 23, 2005
Delaware County, PA
Badfish740 said:
Nahhh...just kiddin. The only thing to be afraid of down there is

Dun Dun Dun...

THE JERSEY DEVIL!!!

:jd:

Hmmm..... been hunting down that Joisey Devil for a while now and he seems to be hiding out pretty well..... so I'm not sssscccaaareeeeddd!!!! haaaaahaaaaa!!!!!

Countryboy35

Oct 15, 2005
Hey sonya.
Rednecks huh...
I use to drive a delivery truck for peter lumber out of medford, Been to places in the pines I wouldn't want to go back to. Of course this was in the mid 80's . lost of uncharatered roads back there.

Badfish740

Explorer
Feb 19, 2005
Copperhead Road
Countryboy35 said:
Been to places in the pines I wouldn't want to go back to.

Sounds like one of the few places to left I'd actually like to live in this state. You don't truly loathe suburbia and urbanization until you live in the Northeastern Hellhole that is Essex County for an extended period of time.

Nite Owl

Nov 23, 2005
Delaware County, PA
Countryboy35 said:
Hey sonya.
Rednecks huh...
I use to drive a delivery truck for peter lumber out of medford, Been to places in the pines I wouldn't want to go back to. Of course this was in the mid 80's . lost of uncharatered roads back there.

Hey Countryboy,

my friends call 'me' a redneck now when they see me go out Geocaching, LOL! I'm a total suburbanite that doesn't like living where I am anymore (too many people), I'd never last in a city... have bought a cammo backpack and spend way too much time out in the woods anymore searching for tupperware containers and ammo cans, LOLOL!!!! But redneck? nahhh....
But I do love those old hot rod cars! At least I have fun doing what I do... they're boring I tell them, hehe!

~S