What could this person be up to

dragoncjo

Piney
Aug 12, 2005
camden county
Yesterday out in the pines of cumberland county I came across something that maybe you guys could provide insight to. There was a truck on the side of the road with a 200 gallon rubbermaid stock tank. It was filled with 8 inches of water with a aeration system on it to provide oxygen. The car was parked next to the tuckahoe river in the freshwater section. Just curious what he could have been up to.......do people catch minnows out there? crayfish? My concern is always turtle trapping. Thanks for any ideas.
Chris

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Have no idea but it sure would be interesting to know. It is always uncertain what would happen if you walk up to someone and ask them what it was for.

Guy

dragoncjo

Piney
Aug 12, 2005
camden county
That would make sense.....there is great stripper fishing not far away at all. I'm always worried about spotted turtles. Bobbleton was with me a took a peak in the tank and saw nothing.....there was several other cars along the road, so maybe it was fishing related. Almost called a few conservation officers I know but didn't have any idea what was going on.

Stu

Explorer
Feb 19, 2004
White Haven, PA
www.stuofdoom.com
Probably a bait truck. My ex-stepdad had a van set up like that. Huge livewell in the back, took up most of the back actually. One year he asked me if I wanted to skip a day of school, and naturally I said yes. I must have been 14 or 15 then. We left around 1 or 2 AM to go to Batsto. We took some back way in, not sure how. I remember there was a large shed or barn or something across the water from us. It was about then I was informed what we were doing was probably illegal.
Basically I stayed up all night helping him and his friend catch striper bait. I didn't help after that because I didn't want to be involved.