Wanted: Late 70s/Early 80s Japanese Car

Ben Ruset

Administrator
Site Administrator
Oct 12, 2004
Monmouth County
www.benruset.com
Yeah, this is the one I'm looking for. It's the generation before.

19811stGenPrelude.JPG

oji

Piney
Jan 25, 2008
Browns Mills
Is that the same car driven in Ultraman? (I can explain the Ultraman reference to you if it's a little too old):ninja:

LARGO

Piney
Sep 7, 2005
Pestletown
Is that the same car driven in Ultraman? (I can explain the Ultraman reference to you if it's a little too old)

Dude...
Two of the best and most hilarious growing up.
Ultraman along with Johnny Sokko and his Giant Robot (or flying robot if you prefer) Two of the best boogerized American knockoffs of japanese young action shows that ever aired in the U.S. !!!!
I think Ultraman's heart light took a crapper in every episode and then... BOOM BABY! back in action.
Johnny Sokko was a punk but the robot rocked. He had the hokiest weapons too. Thanks for reminding.

g.

oji

Piney
Jan 25, 2008
Browns Mills
I just checked on youtube and there's a bunch of Ultraman and Johnny Sokko recordings. I was always glued to the tv when the Wee Willie Webber Show was on! Astroboy,Marineboy and Speedracer were other favorites of mine.

LARGO

Piney
Sep 7, 2005
Pestletown
While a tried and true Chevy Guy, I do have to chime in on AMC.
They had some low budget rigs for sure and Sadly they will never live down the pathetic Pacer (I think they're a riot actually)
If you've ever seen a REBEL MACHINE close up (A fellow in my town had one when I was young but ran it into the ground) you've seen a pretty hairy car!
Now the Javelin was nerdy unless you got it with the right motor and drive trane. then you had something. I also knew a fellow who had a pristine HORNET V-8 that was indeed to be taken seriously. Light car, Large motor,
(AMC had some weird displacements) Only thing is it was scary as hell to be a passenger in. (Their low budget approach meant sacrificing a few comforts as well) I just never felt safe in it.
Ahhh well, that said, Ben find yourself an old 80's Chevy Cavalier. (I used one as a back up for a short time, not too shabby)
Also had an early Saturn for a year. No complaints except gutless.
You could always go with a K-CAR, they were the Jam in the 80's (joke)
Then again, I am not sure if you even know what an Aries-K is.
Or would even want to.

g.

Ben Ruset

Administrator
Site Administrator
Oct 12, 2004
Monmouth County
www.benruset.com
Yeah, I know all about K-Cars. You can get turbo ones cheap and they can be made to go like stink.

However I want something quirky.

I think I may end up shelving the idea until I have a little more money in my pocket. Taking the bus to work (yech) means very little mileage on my Jeep.

When the Jeeps lease is up I may look at an older Wrangler or Cherokee. Buying a new car is great for the first year, and then gets old real fast after that.

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ
Javelins are collector cars nowadays, fetching a pretty good price at the auctions I have seen. Chrysler's K-car was as close to an Amercian VW as we ever got, next to the model A of course.

If your looking for quirky, try an AMC Pacer, Gremlin or Matador.