The 'Big One' may be on the way....

Hewey

Piney
Mar 10, 2005
Pinewald, NJ
The 03 blizzard was crazy! I had drifts against the back of my house up to the bottom of my windows and the way the snow drifted on my roof it looked like I had a flat roof on the back side of my ranch. Then we had that heavy rain a few days later and I had to get up there and shovel the roof off. A 3" storm would be nice but I don't know about the "big one" I am also not a big fan of snow and brutal cold.

misclaims

Explorer
Oct 10, 2008
little egg harbor
ahhhhhh MILK BREAD & EGGS! MILK BREAD & EGGS! Better get em before they're gone! I remember all the big storms. Lived on LBI in the 70's. It was completely shut down. They closed the bridge too. I remember Army trucks going up the boulevard. I remember crawling across the snow drifts otherwise you would fall in. It was great time to be a kid on LBI though-- blocks and blocks of undeveloped bayberry fields. I also remember during one of those storms we had "thundersnow". It was pitch black across the bay and this huge bolt of lightning came down.. man I hauled it back home!

Sue Gremlin

Piney
Sep 13, 2005
Vicksburg, Michigan
This isn't really going to happen, is it?
kickcan.gif

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Ben's Branch, Stephen Creek
According to the NWS we will be back in the mid 50's by Saturday and stay there for a few days, so whatever happens, it's gonna melt. Fine by me - I have to work long days and nights in Philadelphia all next week.

These warm days have been beautiful, but seem to be confusing the local bird population. There are a lot of small birds flying around (sorry, no good at bird ID) here and this morning they were singing loudly, as if spring had come.

Apr 6, 2004
Galloway
These warm days have been beautiful, but seem to be confusing the local bird population. There are a lot of small birds flying around (sorry, no good at bird ID) here and this morning they were singing loudly, as if spring had come.

The ticks have awakened too.

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Back on topic... so far this "big one" ain't happenin'. I thought we might get something more significant down south here. As of 8:30PM the ground is barely covered and radar is not showing much headed our way. Light flurries right now; at this rate there *might* be 2" by morning. But I suppose the night is still young...

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Like I thought, this sure wasn't "The Big One". About 2" snow at my place. Driving into work today I took a detour to the South/West and some places in Salem County appeared to get 4 to 6 inches.

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ
All we got was maybe 2-3" of lite fluffies, but its being reported we got 5-6". The dog could care less, he's in heaven :D

3252377747_a433540b1e.jpg