Sunrise at 1/4 Mile Road

Status
Not open for further replies.

popeofthepines

Explorer
Mar 8, 2006
Atco
Heres the deal with leaks, any vehicle can be leaking. If anything 4x4 guys don't want anything to be leaking because where oils leak, water can get in and destroy parts. A blown transmission doesnot always leak. I have seen them spew out of the dipsticks before but chances are the guy wanted to change out his fluid. How about the thousands of vehicles that have driven down regular dirt roads dripping oil? How about horses taking a shit in a puddle changing PH levels.

Sounds like you and I are thinking the same way

ZZ3GMC

Scout
Sep 19, 2003
Pemberton
Visit site
Speaking of kayakers, canoers and hikers. In june, my fiance and I took a canoe trip down the Wading River, I guess thats what its called, I couldnt believe the amount of trash that was in the water and on the banks. Beer bottles, cans, shoes, potato chip bags, hoagie wrappers, styrofoam coolers etc. From our departure point to where the rental agency picked us up. We also mountain bike quite abit and there is always water bottles, snack wrappers cigarette buts etc. on the bike path in Brendan Byrne. So to say the non motorized users are not trashing the pines is a little off base. I see it on the Batona also. And no I wasnt riding my mtn bike on the Batona.

mudboy dave

Explorer
Oct 15, 2008
atco
opentrailsnj.org
Speaking of kayakers, canoers and hikers. In june, my fiance and I took a canoe trip down the Wading River, I guess thats what its called, I couldnt believe the amount of trash that was in the water and on the banks. Beer bottles, cans, shoes, potato chip bags, hoagie wrappers, styrofoam coolers etc. From our departure point to where the rental agency picked us up. We also mountain bike quite abit and there is always water bottles, snack wrappers cigarette buts etc. on the bike path in Brendan Byrne. So to say the non motorized users are not trashing the pines is a little off base. I see it on the Batona also. And no I wasnt riding my mtn bike on the Batona.
2 weekends ago I was also shocked on the amount of litter from paddlers along the Great Egg Harbor. I started picking it up but my canoe was starting to fill rather quickly.

mudboy dave

Explorer
Oct 15, 2008
atco
opentrailsnj.org
Heres another thing to think about. Sun Tan lotion is loade with I'm guessing a Hydro Carbon, How about all the people that go to Atsion Lake swimming that are pissing in the water and their hair grease leaves a sheen over the water? Want me to take a water sample in that lake in the swimming area on a populated day?

oji

Piney
Jan 25, 2008
Browns Mills
Thought#4. There are jerks and people who don't care from all groups using the woods. It looks like everyone can agree on this? Does everyone agree that 1/4 mile should be closed to traffic? Does anyone have access to info concerning the 3 sites considered for offroad use?

mudboy dave

Explorer
Oct 15, 2008
atco
opentrailsnj.org
Thought#4. There are jerks and people who don't care from all groups using the woods. It looks like everyone can agree on this? Does everyone agree that 1/4 mile should be closed to traffic? Does anyone have access to info concerning the 3 sites considered for offroad use?
I agree 100% on jerks everywhere. I agree 100% that the 1/4 mile area should be closed to all forms of traffic other than foot, once there is enforcement to enforce it. I know 1 of the sites very well, I have no clue what the DEP is considering.

Broke Jeep Joe

Explorer
Mar 8, 2006
Waterford Twp
Heres the deal with leaks, any vehicle can be leaking. If anything 4x4 guys don't want anything to be leaking because where oils leak, water can get in and destroy parts. A blown transmission doesnot always leak. I have seen them spew out of the dipsticks before but chances are the guy wanted to change out his fluid. How about the thousands of vehicles that have driven down regular dirt roads dripping oil? How about horses taking a shit in a puddle changing PH levels.

The only way you'll ever be happy is if people walk into the pines and park on pavement. Youre a complete waste of my time and everyone elses. I don't need you in order to work on this. There are people out there that are still in the proper mental state of health who I feel are a whole hell of a lot more help than you could ever think of being. I will continue my conversations with otherwho don't claim to talk to frogs and everything else back there. As others have said your heart may be in the right spot but you are lacking the rest. So continue on with your thing and I'll continue on with mine. I hope one day when we cross paths we will both keep walking or you will learn to speak with me like another human being.

So it would appear that more than one of us shares the same opinion of PL?
As far as shifting blame, how many times to I have to say that I take folks at face value until they give me a reason to like or dislike them. From my very first post I agreed that something needs to be done about 1/4 and the illegal activity. There goes your selective reading problem again, PL. Maybe you should concentrate partial effort on a reading comprehension course and not put so much time into riding with your non-law breaking equestrial buddies and speaking to amphibians. I know what happened with the drunken horse rider, she was probably 4 wheeling drunk at 1/4 mile and stole the horse from one of your legal eagle buddies. I too am done with you PL and will enjoy not communicating with you.

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Ben's Branch, Stephen Creek
Well, here's the thing about PL.... actually, I don't disagree with what you're saying. I don't own a 4wd vehicle or an ORV and doubt that I ever will. In fact, I've never even been a passenger in one in the pines. I drive my VW on the roads where possible, and mostly I enjoy traveling on foot. I deplore all of the damage that I see these vehicles doing.

I'm sorry to say it PL, but after reading this thread I feel the urge to buy a monster truck and tear up a swamp just to spite you. :bang: It's not WHAT you say, it's HOW you say it. If you manage to frustrate a nature-lover like me, I can only imagine the way an ORV owner must feel.

Please - step back and take a closer look at yourself and the image you have presented here. It's a shame, because I can tell that you're passionate about this and well-intentioned. Perhaps a little less time talking to the frogs and more time developing communication skills with people would help?

Apr 6, 2004
Galloway
Amen to that.

Well, here's the thing about PL.... actually, I don't disagree with what you're saying. I don't own a 4wd vehicle or an ORV and doubt that I ever will. In fact, I've never even been a passenger in one in the pines. I drive my VW on the roads where possible, and mostly I enjoy traveling on foot. I deplore all of the damage that I see these vehicles doing.

I'm sorry to say it PL, but after reading this thread I feel the urge to buy a monster truck and tear up a swamp just to spite you. :bang: It's not WHAT you say, it's HOW you say it. If you manage to frustrate a nature-lover like me, I can only imagine the way an ORV owner must feel.

Please - step back and take a closer look at yourself and the image you have presented here. It's a shame, because I can tell that you're passionate about this and well-intentioned. Perhaps a little less time talking to the frogs and more time developing communication skills with people would help?

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002

1970.jpg

1995.jpg

2006.jpg

Pines Lover

Explorer
Aug 15, 2010

I feel the urge to buy a monster truck and tear up a swamp just to spite you.

So your one of them

The frogs and plants warned me about folks like you who are more intersted in subterfuge

Pines Lover

Explorer
Aug 15, 2010
Great lets blame the folks that are not causing the problems like hikers and horses and kayakers and perhaps shut down the thread, that will work.

Shooting the messenger always works

Right,

Do you guys know how silly you sound to all the folks reading this blog

Pines Lover

Explorer
Aug 15, 2010

Nature lover?

Really now

Apologist for law breakers

devilstoy

Explorer
Nov 21, 2008
lindenwold
Great lets blame the folks that are not causing the problems like hikers and horses and kayakers and perhaps shut down the thread, that will work.

Shooting the messenger always works

Right,

Do you guys know how silly you sound to all the folks reading this blog

hmmm interesting ... so a horse is weightless now ? if it steps on a frog it wont kill it ? it dont kill the grass it steps on or possably eats ? you gotta be the biggest douche on the planet and your just one way ! you are to blind , senseless and thick headed to see anything any other way , maybe your just a Dendrophiliac

kingofthepines

Explorer
Sep 10, 2003
the final outpost
People, don't let frustration ruin a good thread. Bushwhacking is never acceptable but closing down access to vehicles isnt the answer either. There are folks who can not enjoy the pines in any other manner than by vehicle.

Pines Lover

Explorer
Aug 15, 2010
hmmm interesting ... so a horse is weightless now ? if it steps on a frog it wont kill it ? it dont kill the grass it steps on or possably eats ? you gotta be the biggest douche on the planet and your just one way ! you are to blind , senseless and thick headed to see anything any other way , maybe your just a Dendrophiliac

And when the last time you road a horse in the Pines.

I did this week.

I never in 20 years rode my horse in wetlands and never saw anyone else do it.

To risky for an expensive fall

And horses or hikers or kayaks didn't destroy the wetlands and vernal pools and rare plants and frogs of the Scar

Illegal 4 wheelers did.

Here's my proof

01  08.14.10 Wharton .jpg

Where is yours

Pines Lover

Explorer
Aug 15, 2010
Heres another thing to think about. Sun Tan lotion is loade with I'm guessing a Hydro Carbon, How about all the people that go to Atsion Lake swimming that are pissing in the water and their hair grease leaves a sheen over the water? Want me to take a water sample in that lake in the swimming area on a populated day?

Tell us the EPA limit for hydrocarbons in drinking water

Status
Not open for further replies.