Stinkbugs!

DeepXplor

Explorer
Nov 5, 2008
Jersey Shore
A friend of mine on Rt 206 in Southampton puts two moth balls in the bag of her vacuum cleaner and then vacuums them up. The moth balls kills the creature once in the bag.

mudboy dave

Explorer
Oct 15, 2008
atco
opentrailsnj.org
I'm slowly starting to allow these guys into my life, If you don't mess with them they don't seem to stink. My son likes to point and yell at them, I think he's telling them "BAD!!!!!!!!!!!! go outside". Now if it wasn't for my cats finding them to be one of the most fun toys available in the 21st century, I'd probably just let them be. :D

lakesgirl

Explorer
Jan 3, 2010
collings lakes
soon they will be replaced by the noxious asian lady bugs as they start heading indoors to keep warm. they really smell! we vaccumed up so many this spring that our dust buster has a permanant stink....

wis bang

Explorer
Jun 24, 2004
East Windsor
I have 'vent visors' on my truck. Last fishing trip to Stone Tavern, when I got in the truck to back the trailer down I saw a few on my passenger window. When I opened it to put the cooler and tackle box away the whole door jam was covered w/ them...Took me a few minutes to sweep them out of the weather strip and door hinges. I found more when I got home...they are annoying.

cranbrake

Scout
Jun 3, 2009
ditto here,dozens got in my car via windows left cracked.had to be 50 or more spread thoughout the inside of my car,even got in the vents.........even worse, halfway thru a long drive home i realized what i thought was my back pocket overstuffed with coins or something was actually a stinkbug i'd been sitting on,struggling to crawl out from under me,nice! lol

ZZ3GMC

Scout
Sep 19, 2003
Pemberton
Visit site
They seemed to have died down considerably here in Pemberton, atleast at my house anyway. They were at their worst 2 saturdays ago. Now Ill find maybe one every other day. The dish soap and water mix kills them in less than a minute!