Cleaning up after events

MarkBNJ

Piney
Jun 17, 2007
Long Valley, NJ
www.markbetz.net
I have some pics on my phone to go with this, but I haven't been able to find a micro sd card in the cracks at the bottom of my desk drawer, so I haven't uploaded them yet.

Anyway, was out east of High Crossing on that road that runs over to Carranza south of the tracks. Came up on a clearing and noticed about five or six signs, white background, either red block arrows or red letters, mounted on wooden stakes. Some were still stuck in the sand, while two or three others were just lying about. My buddy Jack mentioned that there had been an enduro rally last weekend, and we surmised that these were leftover markers.

When they hold events like this, aren't they required to pick up their crap afterward?

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
I have some pics on my phone to go with this, but I haven't been able to find a micro sd card in the cracks at the bottom of my desk drawer, so I haven't uploaded them yet.

Anyway, was out east of High Crossing on that road that runs over to Carranza south of the tracks. Came up on a clearing and noticed about five or six signs, white background, either red block arrows or red letters, mounted on wooden stakes. Some were still stuck in the sand, while two or three others were just lying about. My buddy Jack mentioned that there had been an enduro rally last weekend, and we surmised that these were leftover markers.

When they hold events like this, aren't they required to pick up their crap afterward?

They usually are pretty good about doing that. The state makes them I believe. They have someone travel the route after the last rider ends.

Guy

skip3

Explorer
Nov 21, 2009
cc tx, Green Bank Nj
I think that would have been Meteor's dual sport ride. They are normally really good at cleaning up after it. I would be surprised if they were still there in a few days .....

ZZ3GMC

Scout
Sep 19, 2003
Pemberton
Visit site
I, along with the several others, swept through that section during our dualsport event (Meteor) and took down all the arrows. There was another event held by another club this past sunday that may have gone through the area and I will let them know that they missed a few arrows. Thanks for the heads up. It will be taken care of.

MarkBNJ

Piney
Jun 17, 2007
Long Valley, NJ
www.markbetz.net
I, along with the several others, swept through that section during our dualsport event (Meteor) and took down all the arrows. There was another event held by another club this past sunday that may have gone through the area and I will let them know that they missed a few arrows. Thanks for the heads up. It will be taken care of.

Cool, thanks for following up. I could have collected them myself, but we were a little wary not knowing whether it was for a past event, or something else, so we left them.

ZZ3GMC

Scout
Sep 19, 2003
Pemberton
Visit site
I went out yesterday after work and checked out the area. It looks like the club cleaned up the arrows. I found none.
Sometimes, after the event, club members will take monday off from work and sweep the course to make sure nothing was forgotten. Again, thanks for the heads up.