10" of snow in the pines?

uuglypher

Explorer
Jun 8, 2005
Estelline, SD
Looking at the weather reports it looks like you guys in the pines have more snow than we have here in South Dakota! Ten to eleven inches? Really?
Sheesh, I hope you get some great pics . Must be beautiful!

Dave

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
I will be out there today, so I will post photo's of the 10 inches :)

We shall see if I get stuck.

Guy

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Ben's Branch, Stephen Creek
I wonder where that was? Here at my home on Atsion Rd I only had 0.5" before it started raining. We had about 3" earlier in the week. The heavier snows were North and West of Philadelphia, like the usual pattern of these storms. My friend in Montgomery County PA got 8".

uuglypher

Explorer
Jun 8, 2005
Estelline, SD
Boyd said:
I wonder where that was? Here at my home on Atsion Rd I only had 0.5" before it started raining. We had about 3" earlier in the week. The heavier snows were North and West of Philadelphia, like the usual pattern of these storms. My friend in Montgomery County PA got 8".

Yeah. Well, I shoulda taken that with a grain o' salt, I s'pose. Maritime influence and all that... The weather map folks do tend to be geographic "lumpers". I can recall more than a few times when they've said "the Dakotas are shivering in "minus figures" - when, in fact, eastern SD was at "minus-19" and Rapid city and the Black Hills (out at the west end of the state - the "banana belt") - were at a balmy fifteen above!

But any snow in the pines is pretty, so get to snappin' guys, and start exciting them pixels (or whatever the photosensitive layer of yer choice may be...)

Dave