2007 Hunting Season Dates and Regs

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Talked to a few on Saturday. They were wound up :)

One had the complete outfit with the leaves on it. He talked a few minutes while getting dressed, and I noticed he had one of the portable stands that you hook on the tree and by sliding the seat up and pulling yourself up along with the base with your feet, you can go up any tree without branches. It takes a little strength to do this which he appeared to have. He headed into the woods with it on his back. A pro.The other one paced the road while talking to us, thrilled he was finally ready. Been going to the same place for 30 years. He was surprised to learn there were things to look for in the woods as we were doing. Could not figure out how to work his GPS. Admitted he was the problem.

Guy

RednekF350

Piney
Feb 20, 2004
Pestletown, N.J.
Talked to a few on Saturday. They were wound up :)

I noticed he had one of the portable stands that you hook on the tree and by sliding the seat up and pulling yourself up along with the base with your feet, you can go up any tree without branches. It takes a little strength to do this which he appeared to have. He headed into the woods with it on his back. A pro.

Could not figure out how to work his GPS. Admitted he was the problem.
Guy

The self climbers are one of the greatest hunting tools ever invented.
I have 4, my original Summit Sabre (retired) and 3 Summit Bushmasters.
They are silent and safe.
If you have fair to good stomach muscle tone you wouldn't have any problem flying up a tree.
I can be up a tree and ready to hunt in about 3-4 minutes.

As for GPS, there are still a number off hunters that are challenged by a rotating base compass.
I don't use the GPS that often for most of my spots.