2010 pics

cranbrake

Scout
Jun 3, 2009
too hot for me to be out right now,so i figure i'd share some of my shots from the pines;constructive criticism welcome......enjoy!

P1180387.jpg

P1180797.jpg

P1190194.jpg

P1190089.jpg

P1190108.jpg

P1190053.jpg

P1180481.jpg

P1180995.jpg

P1190236.jpg

P1180401.jpg

P1180433.jpg

P1180832.jpg

P1190059.jpg

P1190286.jpg

P1180787.jpg

turtle

Explorer
Feb 4, 2009
a village...in the pines
I love the stream in #3......the frog (leopard?) in #7....and most definately want to swat one of the 300 or so mosquitos on the box turtle in #10.
Why are they all over it? It's almost disturbing but I still thank you for sharing! Do you mind if I ask where #1 was taken? You may just generalize if you like. I find it interesting.

turtle

cranbrake

Scout
Jun 3, 2009
thanks turtle yeah that creek in the first shot,i'm embarrassed to say,but i can't recall the locality off the top of my head.i do remember that the road it's off of is right there,you could take the same photo more or less form your car........and yes that frog's a southern leopard,you got it.that poor box turtle,i did feel bad for him,that area is typically bad with mosquitoes.

guy,thanks for the kind words!yeah i have spent several dozen hours in the pines this year already,actually well over 100 hours now that you made me stop and think about it!

lakesgirl

Explorer
Jan 3, 2010
collings lakes
thanks for sharing....haven't been out in the big woods for a few weeks now...how i miss it! the first picture reminds me of the trail from Batsto to the church this spring. We got about 50 feet up and had to turn around...didn't have the proper foot gear and it was just a wee bit to cold to trapse barefoot!

love the snake pics! In all the time I 've been been in the pines I've come across 2. A very large fat kingsnake trying to burrow on the recycled bridge. I actually had to pull it out by the tail and get it off the bridge so it wouldn't get run over by a knucklehead flying up the road.

the other time was about a 5" pinesnake sunning itself on a sandy trail. unfortunately the computer crashed before I backed up the pics so I lost that one!

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
Great stuff!

That first photo is sweetwater run by Webbs Mill. The third one looks like the Webbs Mill Branch.

What is that strangle looking turtle after the leopard frog. Is that a terrapin?

cranbrake

Scout
Jun 3, 2009
Great stuff!

That first photo is sweetwater run by Webbs Mill. The third one looks like the Webbs Mill Branch.

What is that strangle looking turtle after the leopard frog. Is that a terrapin?

thanks again guys......bobpbx-re: the first shot-i didn't know it was called sweetwater run,but i think you nailed it,good eye.....and yeah that is a northern d'back terp.maybe not the prettiest one i saw this year but i'd never seen one with such a crazy pattern so i thought i'd share it.

Bobbleton

Explorer
Mar 12, 2004
NJ
That's some great stuff. Lord knows you seen more than I have this year . . . here and elsewhere.

dragoncjo

Piney
Aug 12, 2005
camden county
'ugh' nice shots......worried about that fire down there. I know you and bobblehead are big fans of the fire, but I ain't when its in a swamp....uplands burn baby burn.

swwit

Explorer
Apr 14, 2005
Was the kingsnake out in the open? I seen one a month ago late in the day dead on the road. It was very upsetting because it was carrying partially developed eggs and they were all over the road.

manumuskin

Piney
Jul 20, 2003
millville nj
www.youtube.com
that terrapin shot had to me taken near the salt marsh.never seen one in a barrens habitat myself.That first snake pic if my eyes do not decieive me appears to be a corn snake (red rat)is this so? if so it is even more rare then the timber rattler you shot.These are all some really nice work adn i also recognized sweetwater branch though till a couple weeks ago i did not know the name of it till Bob informed me and it is on my list of criks to walk.
Al

oji

Piney
Jan 25, 2008
Browns Mills
There was a corn snake on display at the Whitesbog Blueberry Festival. I think it was from The Rancocas Nature Center.

cranbrake

Scout
Jun 3, 2009
bob,chris-thanks;man it'd be nice to see someone post some other stuff too *coughCOASTALS*cough cough......

swwit-yeah that king was crossing the road when spotted.this one was a male,and one of the cleanest,prettiest i've ever seen,including dozens from the carolinas on up........only thing worse than a dor is a gravid dor.

al-thanks;you got it that is a corn,and that terrapin was from a marshy area on the fringe of the PB's