2015 Eagle & Peregrine Reports

SuperChooch

Explorer
Aug 26, 2011
I was hoping to see Tabernacle listed on there this year. For the last few years, I've been seen several eagles in Tabernacle near the Carranza Rd area and even had one on my lawn. I reported it to the state via the sighting form last year. I'm not sure where the nest is, but I assume it must be nearby. I guess it could be the Medford pair, but they seem to come to this area pretty frequently.

In the big tree on Carranza, just south of Medford Lakes Road:
DSC_7329.jpg

In my front yard:
_DSC3332 (1).jpg

ecampbell

Piney
Jan 2, 2003
There was one having a feast in a field near Tuckerton Rd and Old Indian Mills Rd earlier this week. They are not unusual here.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Two weeks in a row they were flying over the power lines near Atco Dragway. They are everywhere anymore.

johnnyb

Explorer
Feb 22, 2013
We watched the nest on the north end of the Burlington County Park for several years, until it came down in a wind storm in ear;y 2015. State was contacted, person came out, said fledglings
on the ground were big enough to survive. A new nest was built. precariously, last year but this year we've not seen any eagles in it.

smoke_jumper

Piney
Mar 5, 2012
Atco, NJ
We watched the nest on the north end of the Burlington County Park for several years, until it came down in a wind storm in ear;y 2015. State was contacted, person came out, said fledglings
on the ground were big enough to survive. A new nest was built. precariously, last year but this year we've not seen any eagles in it.
Which park are describing. I drive up 206 several times a week and have been watching nest off in one of the fields in a dead tree in the distance. I'm not sure what kind of bird made it but it blew down this year and I see a new one being built but there is not much of the tree left for a nest of that size again.

johnnyb

Explorer
Feb 22, 2013
Smoke Jumper: same park, west side of 206 in Springfield Twp. Eagles built the new nest but it looks like they need schooling in mechanical engineering..... They've apparently abandoned it; maybe they decided it wasn't a good job. Tree hasn't much good places left for big nest.

smoke_jumper

Piney
Mar 5, 2012
Atco, NJ
Smoke Jumper: same park, west side of 206 in Springfield Twp. Eagles built the new nest but it looks like they need schooling in mechanical engineering..... They've apparently abandoned it; maybe they decided it wasn't a good job. Tree hasn't much good places left for big nest.
I thought that might have been the same nest you were talking about. I haven't seen it up close but even from 206 it looks unstable now.

johnnyb

Explorer
Feb 22, 2013
We monitor it from 206 with binoculars since we travel that road several times a week. You can get a closer look by going into the paved parking lot for the County Park at the north end, off Jacksonville-Jobstown Rd., but still not really close. When there were eagles in a nest there signs were put up saying area south of the parking lot was out-of-bounds. Haven't seen signs lately.

smoke_jumper

Piney
Mar 5, 2012
Atco, NJ
We monitor it from 206 with binoculars since we travel that road several times a week. You can get a closer look by going into the paved parking lot for the County Park at the north end, off Jacksonville-Jobstown Rd., but still not really close. When there were eagles in a nest there signs were put up saying area south of the parking lot was out-of-bounds. Haven't seen signs lately.
I went past the nest yesterday around 3:30. There was one perched up on the tree next to the nest.

johnnyb

Explorer
Feb 22, 2013
Incidentally, there are signs in the field to the north of the nest tree and smaller ones all along the parking lot's southern wooden border railing - warning of nesting eagles and area off0limits.