8 creepiest places in U.S. national parks

manumuskin

Piney
Jul 20, 2003
millville nj
www.youtube.com
I"ve been to both battlefield sites and all over the Barrens at day and night and the only devil I"ve seen so far is when I look in the mirror at 11 PM knowing I have to go in to work all night when everyone else gets to sleep. A true jersey Devil

Reactions: johnnyb and Boyd

Maggie

Scout
Sep 16, 2015
Three Bridges, NJ
Highly recommend people take a road trip to Antietam (one of the places on this list) if they've never been there before.. Not for supernatural reasons.
This is hallowed ground.
It's not far away and it's just a really great historic site. For anyone who has seen the "Dead of Antietam" images from Mathew Brady, etc., its phenomenal. Very well preserved. National Park Service, kind of at its best.

Reactions: smoke_jumper

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ
I've been to Gettysburg a couple of times. NJ is a great place for the history buff, especially revolutionary war history. More battles during the revolution were fought within our border than any other state. Make the trip to Morristown National Historical Park and Jocky Hollow on a cold, snowy, winter day. Walk the trails, visit the huts. Gives new meaning to sacrifice and courage. Then there is Monmouth, Princeton, Trenton, Bound Brook, Millstone, Springfield, Short Hills. Stop in the Old Tennent Presbyterian Church in Manalapan; sit in the pews that served as the hospitals beds after the battle and still show the blood stains. Walk the cemetery, with gravestones dating back to the 18th century. You just might get goosebumps.

Ben Ruset

Administrator
Site Administrator
Oct 12, 2004
Monmouth County
www.benruset.com
I visited Old Tennent Church for the first time not too long ago. I found the graveyard one of the most peaceful and serene places I'd ever been. Whoever the stonemason was in the area at the end of the 18th century certainly had a booming business. You can see many, many, many headstones with the same winged skull decoration. Surprisingly I didn't see too many headstones inscribed with things like "As you are, I once was. As I am, you will soon be..." which was all the rage back then.

IMGP0183.jpg

IMGP0199.jpg

IMGP0201.jpg

IMGP0205.jpg

IMGP0198.jpg

Reactions: Maggie

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ
Whoever the stonemason was in the area at the end of the 18th century certainly had a booming business. You can see many, many, many headstones with the same winged skull decoration. Surprisingly I didn't see too many headstones inscribed with things like "As you are, I once was. As I am, you will soon be..." which was all the rage back then.

The winged skull symbolizes the ascension into heaven. I wonder if they all got there.