a compelling photo

dragoncjo

Piney
Aug 12, 2005
camden county
Its stories like this that make me realize I'm really f ing smart. Thanks Mom and Dad.

It looks like a bobcat to me, if a cougar wanted that dear it would have got it. Would deer be that stupid to return to the spot of stay there where it nearly got killed by a coug

Gibby

Piney
Apr 4, 2011
Trenton
I google mapped the location and they have nothing to worry about, even if that was a cougar. Paranoid city folk living in a McMansion on a culdesac. Ugh! If you can't see a large cat on an acre of manicured lawn,while lounging next to your pool, well then you should be eaten. It is natural selection, thinning of the herd.

Hewey

Piney
Mar 10, 2005
Pinewald, NJ
You would think you would see some damage on the neck from the way the the deer is getting attacked. I do not think it is the same deer or a mountain lion. If it was a lion he would have sealed the deal on the deer.

The damage on the deer looks more like bumper damage.

As for the cry heard, most likely a bobcat. They can make some sounds that will scare the crap out of you!

As for the deer coming back three hours later after getting attacked, I doubt it. I have shot at deer with my bow and missed and that deer avoided that area for some time.

Chris

dragoncjo

Piney
Aug 12, 2005
camden county
Yeah I'm not willing to say a deer is real smart, but it seems they would have never survived to this point if they stayed in an area where a mountain lion just wrestled with them.

Also some may have never seen it, but I've seen cats try to attack much bigger animals. My sisters cat on occassion has stalked and jumped on their dog which is a 100 pound weimeriner (sp?).