A creative deal: Ride it to restore it

woodjin

Piney
Nov 8, 2004
Near Mt. Misery
I used to ride back there before it was a ORV park. I stopped when it was turned into a park because it was just too crowed for my tastes. However, I think the park is a great idea. It keeps alot of the out of state'rs and motocross types out of the state forests (which is where I mostly ride). The introduction of the park has significantly reduced the amount of damage to the sensitive areas of the state forests. I've witnessed this. Not to mention, the benefits of the rehabilitation that took place as per the agreement, as noted in the article. After 2008, the state would be wise to continue to allow the park to function. It is a win, win situation. A friend of mine is part of the administration/management of the park and has indicated to me that the Heritage Mineral tract was considered for a similar ORV park. I have no further info on that. It might have been rejected.

I am licenced, registered and inspected to legally ride in the state forests, but most riders are not (for a reason). This is a great way to go.

Jeff