A new stuck vehicle video

Pine Baron

Explorer
Feb 23, 2008
Sandy Run
This guy's crawling on his hood and acting like he ain't gonna get wet and sloppy. Doesn't look like he's ever been stuck before. Gotta agree with Drangoncjo.

John-

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ
I enjoyed the part where it just sinks a couple of inches :D 'Tis a pity he shut the engine off, maybe he has an extended warranty. :rolleyes: I just don't get what kind of pleasure folks get from doing this stuff. :confused:

Now an expedition like this I can appreciate. First truck to drive to the North Pole :cool: The dog team almost won.

ecampbell

Piney
Jan 2, 2003
I agree, quarter mile. He's afraid to get his feet wet.
That video was uploaded on Aug 14, 2012.

dogg57

Piney
Jan 22, 2007
Southern NJ
southjerseyphotos.com
What can you say,It takes all kinds.This guy like many ,Just because it is a 4x4 truck it wont get stuck.I wonder if it his Rover or his Daddy's?Made me laugh when the other driver told him close your windows. Back to life

manumuskin

Piney
Jul 20, 2003
millville nj
www.youtube.com
I enjoyed the part where it just sinks a couple of inches :D 'Tis a pity he shut the engine off, maybe he has an extended warranty. :rolleyes: I just don't get what kind of pleasure folks get from doing this stuff. :confused:

Now an expedition like this I can appreciate. First truck to drive to the North Pole :cool: The dog team almost won.

now that would be a stunt! An SUV on the North Pole! Imagine that! Does the ice cap even make it to terra firma anymore?

1Jerseydevil

Explorer
Feb 14, 2009
Pilgrim
Not that it matters, I don't think he shut the engine off.
Just be thankful this wasn't a group of mud trucks !!

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Ben's Branch, Stephen Creek
Every moron who does this brings us one step closer to the road closures and stricter regulations that we have discussed in other threads.

manumuskin

Piney
Jul 20, 2003
millville nj
www.youtube.com
Expedition was in late April 2007 to reach the 1996 location of the pole. Took them about 2 weeks. Left from Resolute, Nunavat, Canada. All the details at the Wiki.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Top_Gear:_Polar_Special
Is this article saying they actually made it to the North Magnetic Pole?That is still hundreds of miles from the actual North Pole but if they made it that far why not go all the way? I never heard of this stunt till now.They should try Antarctica,no thin ice there.

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ
Is this article saying they actually made it to the North Magnetic Pole?That is still hundreds of miles from the actual North Pole but if they made it that far why not go all the way? I never heard of this stunt till now.They should try Antarctica,no thin ice there.

Yep, magnetic, that's what it says. I doubt they had the necessary provisions and fuel to go much further. I watched the show on TV, they barely made it where they wanted to go, got pretty testy towards the end. The dog team had a lot fewer problems, carrying a lot fewer supplies.

There was an Amundsen anniversary competition to the South Pole last year, one group was in a modded Toyota. Have no idea if they made it or how they did.

http://www.adventure-network.com/news/2011-expedition-season-1

manumuskin

Piney
Jul 20, 2003
millville nj
www.youtube.com
Wonder if they found anything of interest in Lake Vostok (think thats the name) under the ice cap.I know they were only yards from breaking through and were hesitating,deciding how best not pollute the prisitine water.

dragoncjo

Piney
Aug 12, 2005
camden county
I use to see these dopes almost every saturday night heading back there while I was leaving, been a while since I've seen them tearing the place up...def 1/4.