A Nice Little Reminder

RednekF350

Piney
Feb 20, 2004
Pestletown, N.J.
I saw this sign and one other just like it back here in the Pestletown woods a few weeks ago.
Obviously erected by someone who cares about the woods and probably someone who has helped clean it up more than once.

The signs were placed at the end of Pestletown Road where people regularly dump trash and where people hang out, drink beer and throw everything they brought with them around their feet before they leave.
I caught neighbors dumping yard waste twice in this area and made them stop and my son threatened to kick someone's ass a few years ago who was starting to unload old wood fencing.

Hopefully, at least one person will have second thoughts before trashing our woods after reading this little reminder.

JuniorIMG_2524.JPG

Pinesbucks

Explorer
Apr 15, 2013
Trash is something I just don't understand in the woods. You bring it in and you take out. I cant stand it when I come up to a pile of someone's else's crap laying in the woods. Drives me crazy.
Scott that is a awesome looking dog.

Reactions: manumuskin

RednekF350

Piney
Feb 20, 2004
Pestletown, N.J.
Scott that is a awesome looking dog.

Thank you. My son trained him relentlessly for waterfowl hunting for the first year and a half. The dog is very strong minded and it wasn't easy. He is still high energy but is now well behaved and he listens well.

His name is Junior, after Hank Jr. My son's first dog Hank was killed tragically by a car in front of our house at the age of four. Hank was a gentle soul and a quiet, steady hunter. A hunting friend and hunting lab breeder gave Junior to my son at no charge after Hank's death. Junior is from strong hunting lines.

Junior is an amazing hunter and strong beyond imagination. It is truly a pleasure to watch him work.

Here is a picture I took of old Hank in his ground blind. My wife and sister had this photograph made into a watercolor portrait by a professional artist and it hangs in our dining room.

Pinesbucks

Explorer
Apr 15, 2013
Scott. He looks like a hunting machine. I have never waterfowled. As deer hunting is my main obsession. I will have to try it sometime.

I am currently looking for a lab as mine passed a few years ago. Is the breeder still doing litters?

Bob you hit the nail on the head. Nothing beats a lab.

Reactions: manumuskin

RednekF350

Piney
Feb 20, 2004
Pestletown, N.J.
A little over a year has gone by since I took the picture of Junior in front of the sign for this post and amazingly, it is still there.

Things have been noticeably better down here for awhile. There has been very little nuisance litter and no major dumpings.
I like to think that increased enforcement has played a big part in that.

NJChileHead

Explorer
Dec 22, 2011
The signs were placed at the end of Pestletown Road where people regularly dump trash and where people hang out, drink beer and throw everything they brought with them around their feet before they leave.
I caught neighbors dumping yard waste twice in this area and made them stop and my son threatened to kick someone's ass a few years ago who was starting to unload old wood fencing.

Hopefully, at least one person will have second thoughts before trashing our woods after reading this little reminder.

View attachment 8089

Give people something nice to share and they trash it with enthusiasm. Morons.

I agree with others. Beautiful dog. I had a yellow lab like him growing up (Sam). I found Sam as a puppy with a group of kids around being not too nice around him, so I took him home. I guess 10 years went by and I took Sam in to have him put to sleep after a bout with cancer. No one else in the family could do it. Still remember hugging him for the first time and the last. Agree with Bob, no better dog for a family.

Reactions: RednekF350

manumuskin

Piney
Jul 20, 2003
millville nj
www.youtube.com
My wife is now throwing hints she wants a yellow and a chocolate lab,we have a black and silver,she says there is also a blue and a red fox phase as well.She can't get our son in law to part with Sophies sister who is a yellow, she keeps trying.

manumuskin

Piney
Jul 20, 2003
millville nj
www.youtube.com
I saw this sign and one other just like it back here in the Pestletown woods a few weeks ago.
Obviously erected by someone who cares about the woods and probably someone who has helped clean it up more than once.

View attachment 8089
I guess your son hasn't heard that "Violence solves nothing"? I tell you what .If He had of kicked that guys ass I bet He wouldn't dump trash in the woods any more or at least not in that area! :)

Reactions: RednekF350