Abandoned House near Pohatcong Creek

vampchick13

Apr 15, 2009
there's an old abandoned house near pohatcong creek in Washington, New Jersey. I've always lived in washington and it's always caught my eye. Does anyone have any information on it? My boyfriend has been in it and said that its falling apart. And that the stairs are termite infested and that people have fallen through the floors. So, i recommend not going in it.
It's across from Dogwood Lane.
And is right near Brass Castle Road.
If you do know anything, it would be a big help.

vampchick13

Apr 15, 2009
it is in warren county.
and its sorta far back in the woods.
you probably wouldnt see it just driving by. but if you were to stop at dogwood lane you would see it.
not many people seem to know about it.

DeepXplor

Explorer
Nov 5, 2008
Jersey Shore
North Jersey

Different State. North Jersey and South Jersey are so different I consider it as two different states. I don't believe that there is a Central Jersey, they are folks from North Jersey who don't want to be included with that lot. They speak differently, their politics are different, they get our tax dollars and we are treated as the step child. Please don't tell anyone from North Jersey that we have the Pines down here, they may want to build high rise apartment houses and offices here. I have some neighbors at my shore home from North Jersey and they are amazed that we say hello to someone walking on our street and they can't understand that we don't always have to lock our doors especially when we are in the house.

MarkBNJ

Piney
Jun 17, 2007
Long Valley, NJ
www.markbetz.net
there's an old abandoned house near pohatcong creek in Washington, New Jersey. I've always lived in washington and it's always caught my eye. Does anyone have any information on it? My boyfriend has been in it and said that its falling apart. And that the stairs are termite infested and that people have fallen through the floors. So, i recommend not going in it.
It's across from Dogwood Lane.
And is right near Brass Castle Road.
If you do know anything, it would be a big help.

I know the spot, but I don't know anything about the history and haven't been in it. I think it's near where Brass Castle and Forces Hill come together. There's a tangle of old roads there that have been shifted around by the engineers over time, and one of the faded ones ran close to that house, I believe. There are more than a few such places up here in the nw corner, if you keep your eyes open. I'm in Long Valley, by the way, not far from you.

vampchick13

Apr 15, 2009
thats exactly where it is.
near brass castle.
and yeah. i'm really interested in abandoned houses. so if there were any houses worth checking out, then definitely tell me.
thanks. =]

pinkspider315

Apr 19, 2009
i came across this thread looking for a house i visted when i was young, its on brass castle rd. If you get on brass castle rd from washington, its your first left once you get into the wooded area, there are three houses there, and the road ends abruptly after them, theres now a guard rail there but it used to go up the mountain a bit and eventually turn into a dirt road, weird stuff up there, newspapers from the 50's, i'm not sure of the houses exact history, but i went up there maybe 15 years ago, i'm not sure who owns the land or if the house still exists, but i'd like to hike up there this summer and try to find it. anyone else know of it?