Feb 20, 2004
Pestletown, N.J.
Last edited:

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ
Sent to Ms. Post;

"Thank you for the article regarding the Wharton road closures; however, it leaves the impression that only people interested in off-roading opposed the plan. That certainly is not the case; hikers, photographers, kayakers, botanists, hunters, fishing enthusiasts, the disabled and many others that enjoy Wharton, understand the issues with illegal activities, and joined with other loud voices in the opposition to the road closures and support for better enforcement of the existing regulations. It would be helpful and make the record accurate if you would print a clarification. Thank you."

SuperChooch

Explorer
Aug 26, 2011
Seems more and more of the media are looking at this a little more objectively, except the Courier. Still not sure where they are coming from....

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
The Courier is written at a third grade reading level.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
The off-road community began organizing to oppose the proposed MAP since first hearing about it at municipal meetings this summer,

Say what?

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ
A nice response from Ms. Post;

"I can understand your concern. I meant it as anyone driving off road for any reason, but people may take that as strictly people who just drive in the forest. I'll be writing follow ups and will make sure to make it clear there is a broad range of people interested."

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Yes, as a journalist you need to be perfectly clear and she was unfortunately not quite there.