Ace

woodjin

Piney
Nov 8, 2004
Near Mt. Misery
Yesterday I got out for a bit and took some photos. Right near India Sink bog mentioned in the pbx thread was this

watermark.php

We must have turned just before seeing this on the hike. Given it's close proximity to Paradise Lakes campground, it is easy to make assumptions abouts it's origin. It currently resides on state land.

watermark.php

Alot of discarded junk in the area. Some of it interesting. I came across a open grassy area in the woods and found this stuff

watermark.php

watermark.php

No, there wasn't any snakes under the hood. I checked. The grassy area (which I did not photo for some reason) might hold some interest for a later visit as it might contain some ruins.

A toad

watermark.php

I went on to visit Ace campground. I hadn't been there since the vandalism and subsequent demolition. Here is what is left. Not much as you can see.

watermark.php

watermark.php

I went on to poke about the woods in there and found it very clean. Much different than around the Paradise Lakes area.

Jeff

Jeff

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
Jeff, was that at the head of India Sink, right at the tip where we entered? Because Chris and I looked back while you all were looking at that turtle, and we thought we saw a camper. We thought people were there.

woodjin

Piney
Nov 8, 2004
Near Mt. Misery
Jeff, was that at the head of India Sink, right at the tip where we entered? Because Chris and I looked back while you all were looking at that turtle, and we thought we saw a camper. We thought people were there.

Yes, as a matter of fact, now that you mention it, Guy turned to me and said "what is that?" and then immeditely assumed it was sugar sand through the trees. I agreed with him, but now looking back it must have been the camper.

Jeff

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
I remember that. From where we were it was hard to tell it was not sand.

Guy

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Jeff,

How did you get to Ace, by bike or car through the woods, or did you drive around?

Guy