ACUA Earth Day festivities

Spung-Man

Explorer
Jan 5, 2009
Richland, NJ
loki.stockton.edu
I had the great pleasure to catch up with two NJ Pines bloggers at the 2012 Atlantic County Utilities Authority Earth Day celebrations, Turtle & Glowordz. Needless to say, Sunday was a very wet day.

IMG_8000.jpg

My daughter manned Richard Stockton’s EDIBL (Environmental Discourses on the Ingestion of Bugs League) booth with two classmates.

IMG_7991.jpg

Later that afternoon she led a one-hour class on the topic of entomophagy around the world. Good grub.

IMG_8016.jpg

Cheers,
Spung-Man

Reactions: glowordz

turtle

Explorer
Feb 4, 2009
a village...in the pines
Ahhhh yes, the indoor activities were better attended for some reason. We timed our departure very well, beating the heavy rain. Worth being there just to share time with other crazy folks who enjoy being near the water.... :)

terry

p.s. our view was better than yours

IMG_0641 (1024x768).jpg

Hey guys, I was also there. Sorry I missed you all. I gave the 11 o'clock workshop on native plants and then went out to my table and also helped out South Jersey Fair Trade as well. In my class we were talking about the bugs who visit and there was a guy who mentioned that we are the only country in the world that didnt eat insects. We decided to pack it in around two, but I did meet your daughter Mark. She and her friends came to our tent and told us about the bugs. Very interesting.

Raven