Almost killed Bambi

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
A close call this morning. Short video.

We stumbled on a large gravid female rattlesnake and some sort of black snake today. My camera refused to keep the photos so I don't have them to show. I did get this dash cam frame showing the black type snake that Jessica sat down next to and talked with and touched. The snake was in no hurry to leave.

snake_.jpg

Guy

Reactions: John

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
?? That is strange. It looks like a black racer to me. Did it look kind of shiny, like a ribbon? Normally they won't stick around for that.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
It was shiny and very slow. Did not have a care in the world. She sat and talked to it and it starting coming towards her 2 feet away. I took video and multiple photos and have nothing to show for it.

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ
A close call this morning. Short video.

I clipped one, or I should say, one clipped me, last fall on Dover Road. Two popped out of the roadside grass, I braked and swerved, the one deer tried to stop and slid into my rear qtr panel, loud bang when it hit, then got up and ran off. No blood, just some deer hair on the rear wheel well trim. One lucky deer. Wasn't so lucky a few years back on 530 in Whiting; the deer died and I had $2500 in damage to the truck.

163383525.jpg