Always be Vigilant

dragoncjo

Piney
Aug 12, 2005
camden county
http://www.opposingviews.com/i/soci...-charged-philadelphia-rattlesnake-trafficking

They don't specifically mention it but the snakes from NJ were eastern kingsnakes from the barrens. I've known about this for sometime so its good to see the case finally came to fruition. Anyone who knows me you can't point my craziness directly to this case. Always be on the lookout and if you see anything odd let fish and game know.

joc

Explorer
May 27, 2010
Wall, NJ
They don't specifically mention it but the snakes from NJ were eastern kingsnakes from the barrens. I've known about this for sometime so its good to see the case finally came to fruition. Anyone who knows me you can't point my craziness directly to this case. Always be on the lookout and if you see anything odd let fish and game know.[/quote]Chris
Chris , Thanks for posting !! I've thought i was crazy ( still am ) . Hopefully they start to re-bound .Could never understand why the species # 's seemed to diminish :confused: year after year .There used to be several populations in close proximity to where i live .I know of 1 dor in the last 10 yrs . I'm up in Monmouth , so it is the No. extreme edge of range , i understand that .But still. I hope its coincidence the state has them now listed as a species of special concern ??
Regards,
Joe

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
The bad guys are still out there and hopefully they also will get caught.

Guy

oji

Piney
Jan 25, 2008
Browns Mills
Timely post, I was still spreading the word about the problem where I hang out just yesterday. Thanks to dragoncjo I know what to look for in the upcoming season and thanks to everyone else that cares enough to get involved!

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Timely post, I was still spreading the word about the problem where I hang out just yesterday. Thanks to dragoncjo I know what to look for in the upcoming season and thanks to everyone else that cares enough to get involved!

And thanks to you for what I know you have done, and the info you have provided me. I am hoping this season to seal the deal with what I have done so far. Hopefully.

Gibby

Piney
Apr 4, 2011
Trenton
This is great news! I am so happy that some progress is being made and that others are pro-active! I hope many more of the bad guys are caught and that the problems we have been dealing with come to an end.

dragoncjo

Piney
Aug 12, 2005
camden county
Joe, there is certainly something going on with the eastern kingsnake. It seems everyone you talk to feels like they see less. I use to see about 12 a year and I think I saw a handful last year.

I appreciate everyones help on here, we have made so grounds on preventing this sort of thing just by being vigilant.