Andrews Road and Government Site?

PBE Admin

Dec 31, 1969
www.familyfishing.com
I recently went geocaching to find a big mess down near andrews road (near Lake Oswego). The roads were really flooded and I had a hard time navigating. I did come across a US government site on Andrews road (Laser testing?) I marked it on the following graphic (http://www.eblanda.com/map.gif) - do any of you know what's up with this place? It's also blocked in two locations, so I just ended up in the middle (from Marthas Road) and couldnt go anywhere. Had to go back through 14" of water again to return.
map.gif

Robert Blanda
Owner
Pine Barrens Enthusiasts
info@eblanda.com

westyvw

Dec 31, 1969
I know the north end of Andrews road has been blocked for years to keep people from driving up to the old canoe put-in @ the lake (High Bridge). A year or so later they blocked the southern end. As for the test site, this is the first time I've heard of it. This 'test' area appears to be South of Penn St. Forest and North of a section of Wharton. Isn't the Govt. target range further South East? You got me!

BarryC

Explorer
Dec 31, 1969
members.tripod.com
I think that's just the bombing range. I was just there about a week or two ago. I went up old Martha Road. Suddenly "no trespassing" signs appeared. I just kept going, figuring I'd get to either Andrews Road or Allen Road. I got to Andrews I believe. I drove to the right and found a permanent barricade. I drove to the left and found a gate or cable across the road, so I went back the way I came. I believe the Ocean Spray Cooperative owns the land on one side there (including Simm Place), and on the other side is the bombing range. Too bad it doesn't show on the topo maps.
Barry