Another Day In The PINES

Oct 25, 2006
This outing was on 9/30. Me and my friend George decided to do some exploring in Lebanon and other places this day. Our first stop was Pakim Pond.
IMG_0181_1.jpg

We then traveled to the vicinity of the glassworks site taking this pic on the way.
IMG_0182_1.jpg

Parking at the sawmill i next took this pic.
IMG_0184_1.jpg

We then went to the glassworks site, and shot this pic of the mound that covers the hearth.
IMG_0183_1.jpg

We left the glassworks site and in a short time we arrived at Butler's Place finding this.
IMG_0185_1.jpg

Further exploring the site we then found this partially buried in the ground.
IMG_0187_1.jpg

A closer view.
IMG_0186_1.jpg

We then rode to Woodmansie taking this cellar hole pic.
IMG_0188_1.jpg

I then wanted to return to Washington, to do some further exploring taking the following pics of cellar holes on Iron Pipe Road.
IMG_0190_1.jpg

A real nice cellar hole.
IMG_0191_1.jpg

We then found this on a property site.
IMG_0192_1.jpg

Another cellar hole pic.
IMG_0193_1.jpg

A different view of the stables in comparison to an earlier outing.
IMG_0195_1.jpg

Then off to Atsion again to walk the JCRR tracks, in one area we found this.
IMG_0198_1.jpg

It was getting late so we decided to end the exploring part of the day and go to my friend's house in Tabernacle to quench our thirst with some cold Budweisers, another great day in the pines.

Jim

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Ben's Branch, Stephen Creek
Another nice report Jim! I'd guess that the last photo was the anchor for a guyline that went to some sort of tower. That's a wire rope thimble around the ring which is used to prevent kinking the cable.

Oct 25, 2006
Another nice report Jim! I'd guess that the last photo was the anchor for a guyline that went to some sort of tower. That's a wire rope thimble around the ring which is used to prevent kinking the cable.

Me and my friend were trying to figure out what that was when we found it, thanks for the info Boyd.

Jim