Another Snake

NJSnakeMan

Explorer
Jun 3, 2004
Atlantic County
I was off Sunday so i decided i would go herping for a couple hours even though it looked kind of crappy out. Saw lots of Forster's Terns that I guess just came in, along with some Water Thrushes..cormorants, wood ducks, mute swans, egrets, herons, osprey......etc.

Only herps seen was some redbelly turtles, a honking of a bullfrog in the background, checked my marbled sal spots but nothing... and fliped another redbelly snake at the same spot as the last. I knew they weren't the same ones because this one was considerably smaller, and didn't have the big gash wound like the last one did.

P1230014.jpg

P1230029.jpg

Also, the pitcher plant's flowers are starting to bloom all around the spaghnum swamps!

dragoncjo

Piney
Aug 12, 2005
camden county
Never realized how small those snakes where, nice pics. I was out playing golf yesterday and saw more wildlife then I have seen in a couple weeks hiking. Saw two little blue herons, green heron, red-headed woodpecker, baltimore orioles, a red tail eating a squirel, a pair of boxies mating, and lots of painted turtles. For whatever reason I see the most wildlife on golf courses. Probably because I'm golfing and not looking for anything but a little white ball.