Any Comcast internet users....

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ
having a problem with porting their emails to/from Outlook? I haven't been able to do it since the weekend. Seems quite a few other Comcast users are having similar problems :bang:

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
having a problem with porting their emails to/from Outlook? I haven't been able to do it since the weekend. Seems quite a few other Comcast users are having similar problems :bang:

"Porting"? Mine is set up to automatically download onto outlook. Is that what you mean? If so, its working.

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ
"Porting"? Mine is set up to automatically download onto outlook. Is that what you mean? If so, its working.

Yep, mine hasn't worked since last Saturday using their supplied settings :(

It must be a Christmas Miracle. After 5 days of nothingness and bogus suggestions from Comcast, everything is working just fine this morning with no changes. Go figure.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Rather than make a new post I may as well add this here.

Lets do a test, especially if you have Comcast. If you are using a Linksys Cable MODEM click on this link. It most likely will work on others also.

http://192.168.100.1/

This will take you to the modem controls and you click on the "Connection" link. When the window opens what does the numbers say for Upstream Power?

Mine says 52.7dBmV. Upstream Power shows the level of the signal from the cable modem to the provider. This number should be lower than 55dB. The lower the number, the better your connection.

Downstream Power shows the power of the signal your cable modem is getting. Mine is -2.0dBmV. The level of the downstream power should be -15 to 15 dB; however, it is best for that level to be in the -8 to 8 range.

Guy

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ
Rather than make a new post I may as well add this here.

Lets do a test, especially if you have Comcast. If you are using a Linksys Cable MODEM click on this link. It most likely will work on others also.

http://192.168.100.1/

This will take you to the modem controls and you click on the "Connection" link. When the window opens what does the numbers say for Upstream Power?

Mine says 52.7dBmV. Upstream Power shows the level of the signal from the cable modem to the provider. This number should be lower than 55dB. The lower the number, the better your connection.

Downstream Power shows the power of the signal your cable modem is getting. Mine is -2.0dBmV. The level of the downstream power should be -15 to 15 dB; however, it is best for that level to be in the -8 to 8 range.

Guy

My cable modem is a Motorola. The link does not show a 'Connection' option. Of what You have posted, link shows for my modem;

Downstream = may change for each refresh between -13/-14

Upstream = 50

SNR = 34