Anybody Want to Live in Pasadena?

Folks:

If you have any interest in moving to Pasadena, here’s how to get a FREE building lot:

Pasadena_Advertisement.jpg

The Philadelphia Inquirer, 23 May 1891, Page 7

I can’t wait to have the Pasadena Wood-Working Mill and Lumber Company build me a house so I can live with the Bon Vivants living at that great health resort in the Pines!

Best regards,
Jerseyman

Oct 25, 2006
I'll go for a plot there, but the wife is worried that she might be called The Little Old Lady From Pasadena.

Jim

oji

Piney
Jan 25, 2008
Browns Mills
Jerseyman, You might have a little trouble reading those books because that bookstore is in Chinatown! If you pan to the west you can see the walkway over the street for the Convention Center and above it in the background is the not yet completed Comcast building. On the corner of 9th and Arch in the aerial view is a building under construction that I worked on in the summer of 2007. TRIVIA QUESTION- What famous Pinebarren resident supposedly resided at 9th and Arch St. for a while?

oji

Piney
Jan 25, 2008
Browns Mills
Bob, When Mike Harbin was a kid he made a device that strapped to his shoes and left big cloven hoof prints. He wore them as he walked around in the woods behind his house.

oji

Piney
Jan 25, 2008
Browns Mills
Now back to the Pre-hijack subject. Reading this article brought up a couple questions. 1. Were any lots plotted out for this or was it just a scam? 2. Are any homes in the area built on land aquired from the ad? 3. Is it possible Brooksbrae was built to supply the building that was going to happen?

Now back to the Pre-hijack subject. Reading this article brought up a couple questions. 1. Were any lots plotted out for this or was it just a scam? 2. Are any homes in the area built on land aquired from the ad? 3. Is it possible Brooksbrae was built to supply the building that was going to happen?

oji:

To answer your questions in order, here are my responses:

1. The developers platted the land and filed the resultant plans with Ocean County. Years ago, I sent TeeGate digital photos of the filed plans and he may still have those files. If so, perhaps he can supply a link to them in this thread.

2. I am not aware of any homes constructed on any of the building lots except, possibly, the home where the caretaker of Brooksbrae lived. Like so many other Pine Barren land schemes, I believe this one entered the delivery room moribund or even stillborn.

3. Incorporation and construction of the Brooksbrae Brick Company occurred about 16 years after the Pasadena development had flickered and died, so its presence on the landscape there had no bearing on the earlier development plans.

Best regards,
Jerseyman

jokerman

Explorer
May 29, 2003
Manasquan
I will chime in to say that the "town" of Pasadena DID have a postal office in the early 1900's so there must have at least been something going on there. Does someone know if the parcels shown include the areas where houses are known to have been? I know there's a few cellar holes on the one road near Bricksbae.