anything left to Hog Wallow?

irishman

Scout
Mar 30, 2004
Is there anything left to Hog Wallow? I hear it's between Speedwell and Jenkins on the way from Chatsworth to Batsto, but I've seen no evidence of it

Brian

Ben Ruset

Administrator
Site Administrator
Oct 12, 2004
Monmouth County
www.benruset.com
Bill Haynes owns the property. He's really touchy about letting people on his land, too.

I emailed him and asked for permission once and he never responded. I kind of doubt that there would be anything left there.

njvike

Explorer
Jul 18, 2003
Sparta, NJ
home.earthlink.net
bruset said:
Bill Haynes owns the property. He's really touchy about letting people on his land, too.

I emailed him and asked for permission once and he never responded. I kind of doubt that there would be anything left there.

That's truly unfortunate. Another area that we will never know about.

I wish we can get a portal to bring us back to the Beck days. Only for a little while, though.

I wonder if he would have let us explore with him?

Reactions: sjbowers

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
He gave tours in the 50's and early 60's. The man I work for went on them.

Guy

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
I don't know, but I would say no. There are only two graves at the cemetery with his and her names on them. But that really does not mean anything.

Guy

B

BarryC

To my knowledge Hog Wallow is the cranberry growing area directly south of Chatsworth along 563. It's not a ghost town as such. All there is to know about it can be found in Heart of the Pines.

njvike

Explorer
Jul 18, 2003
Sparta, NJ
home.earthlink.net
BarryC said:
To my knowledge Hog Wallow is the cranberry growing area directly south of Chatsworth along 563. It's not a ghost town as such. All there is to know about it can be found in Heart of the Pines.

I keep switching back and fourth between the Trail of he Blue Comet and the Heart of the Pines. I will eventually get to it though.

Thanks Barry.

njvike

Explorer
Jul 18, 2003
Sparta, NJ
home.earthlink.net
TeeGate said:
I don't know, but I would say no. There are only two graves at the cemetery with his and her names on them. But that really does not mean anything.

Guy

There's a gentleman that works at the Pemberton train station that might know.

Last year, I stopped by the station (restored by now) and noticed that he not only was selling books on trains but also Pine Barren books, including some of Beck's work.

We got on the conversation about Beck and he remembers Beck and also know plenty of Warner Hargove. I will ask him when I return there this spring.

I believe Marilyn mentioned that she knew of Beck. I wonder if she would know. I will check there too.

B

bach2yoga

njvike said:
TeeGate said:

Guy

There's a gentleman that works at the Pemberton train station that might know.

Last year, I stopped by the station (restored by now) and noticed that he not only was selling books on trains but also Pine Barren books, including some of Beck's work.

We got on the conversation about Beck and he remembers Beck and also know plenty of Warner Hargove. I will ask him when I return there this spring.

I believe Marilyn mentioned that she knew of Beck. I wonder if she would know. I will check there too.

I think she grew up knowing Beck, I can't remember exactly but I think he lived near her family?. She told me that at the time she was more interested in gardening and regrets now that she didn't learn more from him.

Renee