Atsion Get-Together: Sunday, August 23, 2009

Ben Ruset

Administrator
Site Administrator
Oct 12, 2004
Monmouth County
www.benruset.com
Join the NJPineBarrens.com community as we explore the deserted village of Atsion on Sunday, August 23, 2009.

Meet in the parking lot by the ranger station at 11:30am. We'll explore the village, see the remains of the "Catholic Cemetary," and various other sights throughout the village. We should also be able to go on a tour of the newly renovated Atsion Mansion.

Afterwards, let's plan for a cold beer at the Pic-A-Lilly.

Folks from the site, the NJPineBarrens.com Facebook page, and the followers on Twitter are all invited. Please RSVP with me at bruset@njpinebarrens.com.

LARGO

Piney
Sep 7, 2005
Pestletown
Thus far, consider me in... Why not poison the group with my presence.
I better darn well see some core group folks there or I shall come a calling.
Whip, Al, no escuses Beeatches! The rest... you know who you are!

g.

Chrisr

Explorer
Sep 14, 2008
Cinnaminson, NJ
As of right now, I'm a "maybe". I'm scheduled to be out of town and returning that day. Hopefully I can get back in time. I will let Ben know ASAP on a final status.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Most likely Jessica and I will be there. I suspect I know who the historian will be, so I will bring along a few articles that pertain to this person and the places we will be visiting. I suspect nobody has read them so you may find them interesting. And if I am wrong on this person, well the articles are still interesting. I will print out a few to pass around.

Oh, I will pass on the cold beer at the Pic.

Guy

LARGO

Piney
Sep 7, 2005
Pestletown
Most likely Jessica and I will be there.
Oh, I will pass on the cold beer at the Pic. Guy

C'mon Guy,
That's why they invented Iced Tea, or Soda, in a glass. Not everybody's a drinker. You would pass up good conversation and some snacks (oooh luscious wings) over beer? Treat it like it's not even there, it's what I do. I find that hard liquor helps.

g.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
C'mon Guy,
That's why they invented Iced Tea, or Soda, in a glass. Not everybody's a drinker. You would pass up good conversation and some snacks (oooh luscious wings) over beer? Treat it like it's not even there, it's what I do. I find that hard liquor helps.

g.

I find that keeping myself concentrated on the Pine Barrens is better than any beer, soda, snacks, wings, etc. I will pass on it. Besides, nobody can create havoc at a bar better than you, so there is no need for me to be there. :D

Guy

LARGO

Piney
Sep 7, 2005
Pestletown
I find that keeping myself concentrated on the Pine Barrens is better than any beer, soda, snacks, wings, etc. I will pass on it. Besides, nobody can create havoc at a bar better than you, so there is no need for me to be there. :D

Guy

All right. Don't say I didn't try. My intentions were good. Tried to pry you away from the Pine sap for a little bit and share your good company.
That last bit sir, I'm not sure whether to honored, offended, or a hybrid of both. I like to think I create happiness (but I'll settle for a little havoc)

I too look forward to hearing the words of any historian. Looking forward to that part.

g.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Sorry Jerseyman, I won't be heading to the Pic. When the tour is over I will either do more exploring or head home.

Guy