Atsion

omega

Explorer
My wife and I got a day without the kids so we headed down to Atsion yesterday. I haven't been there in a while. It seems in that short time things have deterioriated even more.

It was a gorgeous day, lot better than today with the snow! It is April right? :eek: Anyway I posted a few new pictures in the members gallery. A few my wife took. It was her first try with the new digital camera.

The Mansion was restored when, in the 80's and never opened to the public? with the current political situation it looks doubtful anything will change. That is unfortunate.

http://www.njpinebarrens.com/module...ame=gallery&file=index&include=view_album.php

Frolickin

Explorer
Apr 21, 2003
Millville, NJ
rdowens.net
I chatted the other day with the lady who runs the Atsion station. She is the only full-time employee. There is a part-time girl who works Friday & Saturday nights and her day off. The budget cuts have hit them so hard, they don't know how they will staff the rec area at the lake.

With that in mind, I do not see the mansion opening up this year.

Fro.

B

bach2yoga

Barry, Guy, his daughter Jessica, Joe, myself and our kids were at Nash's last Saturday. We all hopped in the back of Barry's truck since it is a tight squeeze and virtually impossible to make it through without some Pine Barrens pinstriping. It was indeed a bumpy ride, especially sitting in the back of the truck! Periodically we would hear Kristen yell "armadilla pose!" and we knew it was time to duck. :grin:
Last time we were there we were able to hike out to the beaver lodge and even stand on top of it, but it was too swampy in that area this time.

Renee