Backyard reptiles-not the pine barrens

dragoncjo

Piney
Aug 12, 2005
camden county
Well I've lived in my house for 25 years, never have I seen a reptile or amphibian. I live in barrington which has about zero areas for reptiles. So far this year I found a worm snake in my backyard, have a green frog and bullfrog that have made a home out of my pond. And two days ago found a box turtle munching on a rotting apple in my backyard. My dad use to find box turtles in our backyard 30 years ago, hasn't seen one since. This guy was an old male with three legs and another that had some old scars. Its pretty nice finding signs of wildlife in an area that for years yielded nothing(reptiles).
IMG_6371.jpg

IMG_6374.jpg

greenfrog.jpg

4x4Jim

Scout
Jan 20, 2006
WHere in Barrington?? I live in Haddon Heights guess were neighbors and didnt know it. I caught a garter snake on shrieve ave before...Weird. I didnt think there were any critters around us. Did you go to heights? Im 23 maybe I know you. Nice finds.

dragoncjo

Piney
Aug 12, 2005
camden county
Yeah unfortunately I did go to haddon heights, graduated in '99. As for haddon heights and barrington there isn't many critters. However, in haddon heights there is a pretty decent red fox pop, and I've turned up a few box turtles when I was much younger in canon park. Also behind woodland school use to have a good amount of boxies, garters, and salamanders.
Chris