Bearless

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
I'm really sorry it had to happen this way. He surprised me when I was looking over some young orchids. I turned around and he rushed me. He fought valiantly, but was unable to overcome my superior strength and quickness. Everyone always said I had a mean right hook.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dead bear discovered in Lacey industrial park

Published in the Ocean County Observer 6/02/04
By NICHOLAS HUBA
Staff Writer

LACEY -- The U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service was called to the industrial park to remove a dead bear yesterday.

The call came into the Lacey Township Police Department at approximately 11:22 a.m., police said.

The federal Fish and Wildlife Service then took the bear away for testing, police said.

The service is part of the U.S. Department of the Interior.

Police said that over the last couple of weeks there has been an increase in the number of bears that have been spotted in the area.

A cause of death will be determined following an investigation by the Department of Fish and Wildlife, police said.

Patrolman Ronald Buxton is the investigating officer.

Nicholas Huba: (609) 978-4538 or nhuba@app.com

from the Ocean County Observer

Published on June 2, 2004

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
When I come to Lacey, I will make sure you are by my side to protect me :)

Guy

B

bach2yoga

Police said that over the last couple of weeks there has been an increase in the number of bears that have been spotted in the area.

Sounds like there are still a few around...

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
I assume it could have been the same one, so this will be a good chance to see if there are more. Bob...you stay away from them :)

Guy

B

bach2yoga

My friend Martha says her neighbor told her several weeks ago she saw two bears in her backyard???? Who knows.

B

bach2yoga

BobM said:
I'm really sorry it had to happen this way. He surprised me when I was looking over some young orchids. I turned around and he rushed me. He fought valiantly, but was unable to overcome my superior strength and quickness. Everyone always said I had a mean right hook.

All 150 lbs of you did that? Wow! I'm so impressed! :pigfly:

njvike

Explorer
Jul 18, 2003
Sparta, NJ
home.earthlink.net
"Police said that over the last couple of weeks there has been an increase in the number of bears that have been spotted in the area."

I think they were reading this web site and started to explore the area looking for Apple Pie Hill.

Ben notice any funny handles being created lately?

B

bach2yoga

You know, Sue, I wouldn't either...would imagine it would be someone local if that were the case.
Renee

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
It was in an industrial park, and the dumpsters in an industrial park have all kinds of harmful items in them. It would not surprise me that it was unintentional.

Guy

B

bach2yoga

I was just PMing Capttom, he not only has heard the same story Martha told me, but says that is on videotape--the 2 bears in Chatsworth--and he knows the person who taped it...is hoping to view it soon.
Renee

SkullCherrys

Scout
May 4, 2004
Forked River/Belcoville
The bear died of a skull injury it appeared to have been hit. Thats what the paper says, I live 3/4 mile from where the bear was found. I can follow up, my uncle and cousin are police officers in town.

B

bach2yoga

Huh...hit by what? A car??? Please let us know what you hear.