Bicentennial plate and other photo's

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
All,

Since we are on the subject of license plates, I have a photo of the 1976 bicentennial plate that was on my vehicle. If you are unfamiliar with them, the state released them and allowed you to put them on the front of your car in place of the normal plate for a limited amount of time. You were still required to have the back plate on obviously. I still have two of them in my collection, and if anyone is interested I can scan one up so you can see it in it's entirety.

Revolution.jpg

Here are other photo's you may want to see. This next photo shows the female attendant at the Sunoco gas station on Route 70 at Evesboro Medford road. The station has been destroyed and the intersection is being widened to reduce congestion on Route 70. Yea right!! Anyway, obviously the photo was taken by my friend because of the attendant, but the photo shows much more. Notice directly above the gas pump is the price of the gas in July of 1977. Now Sunoco at the time had 5 grades of gas, 190,200,220,240, and 260. The price shows the 220 which was 91 octane. (You can tell I worked for Sunoco at the time). The price shows 62 cents a gallon. Normally the price of their next lowest grade which was 200 was 3 or 4 cents cheaper, and the price of the lowest grade 190 was sometimes 5 cents cheaper than that. So we are looking at the low to mid 50's. Something we will never see again....

SunocoMedford6_77.jpg

In 1978 the state was building the park at Atsion and drained the lake. This photo was taken by my friend right along the channel below the bridge across 206. You would be in 10 or more feet of water at that spot now. You can see that the gates are open keeping the lake at the proper level for construction.

AtsionLakeGates8_78.jpg

This photo is an embarrassing one. It shows me on the bridge over 206, and was taken from the floor of the lake. Notice the fashionable outfit. The shirt had a large letter 4 on it with the words "Wheel" above it and "Drive" below it. On the front it said "Toyota". The belt was the really wide style which was popular at the time. I bought that in 1970 in the Pennsauken Mart. But the socks are inexcusable.

Guy_Atsion8_78.jpg

Guy