Big brother in warren grove

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ
I don't like the smell of this at all. I'll bet they won't be able to resist taking a shot of us explorers to brag about it. I don't think it should be legal for the government to spy on us citizens unless we are fugitives. Hopefully someone will step up and monitor this.

Just be hopeful they don't take that shot with a missle. Mistakes similar to that have been known to happen :rolleyes:

GermanG

Piney
Apr 2, 2005
Little Egg Harbor
I love the quote regarding crewless passenger planes in the future, claiming that we have the technology now, and “the computer hardly ever messes up”. I somehow find little comfort in that boast.

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ
Neat stuff, check out the videos,

I've always wanted to try a plane. When my sons were kids they bult the 4WD trucks and then moved onto the boats, which were quite a bit of fun. Had one of the boats set up with gearing and props so it just about touched the water, that thing would almost fly :D All were electric. But a plane; that would probably last maybe 10 seconds, outside chance of 12 :rofl:

Maybe I'll dig that boat out of the basement, all their stuff is sitting down there in a big box.

Maybe this Predator thing could be used to spy on those trashing Apple Pie tower. :rolleyes:

dogg57

Piney
Jan 22, 2007
Southern NJ
southjerseyphotos.com
Boeing unveiled its hydrogen-powered Phantom Eye unmanned airborne system during a ceremony in St. Louis. The demonstrator, which will stay aloft at 65,000 feet for up to four days, is powered by two 2-liter, four-cylinder engines that provide 150 horsepower each. It has a 150-foot wingspan, will cruise at approximately 150 knots and can carry up to a 450-pound payload.
It can also fly at 65,000 feet at approximately 150 knots and carry up to a 450-pound payload, thanks to a 150-foot wingspan and two 2.3-liter, four-cylinder engines that give it 300 horsepower -- 150 from each engine.

http://www.boeing.com/Features/2010/07/bds_feat_phantom_eye_07_12_10.html

dogg57

Piney
Jan 22, 2007
Southern NJ
southjerseyphotos.com
Coast Guard: Unmanned Navy aircraft crashes in Md

NANTICOKE, Md. (AP) - The Navy says an unmanned aircraft has crashed on Maryland's Eastern Shore and there are no injuries.
A spokeswoman for the Patuxent River Naval Air Station's Unmanned Aviation and Strike Weapons program says a 44-foot unmanned aircraft on a routine maintenance flight crashed near Bloodsworth Island around noon Monday.
U.S. Coast Guard Petty Officer Jonathan Lindberg says the Coast Guard is setting up a safety zone around the marshy area.06/11/12