Big discounts on Garmin map updates - today only

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Ben's Branch, Stephen Creek
If you have an old Nuvi, here's your chance to get the newest map for only $19. Or you can get a lifetime subscription for $49. I don't recall ever seeing map updates this cheap before. Prices are only good until 5 minutes before midnight tonight though.

http://www.garmin.com/en-US/holiday

Note: these updates are for the Nuvi series that originally included the City Navigator map. They cannot be installed on a device that doesn't already have City Navigator. They also cannot be used with pre-loaded City Navigator SD cards or maps purchased originally by download.

Old Crazy

Explorer
Oct 13, 2007
Stinking Creek, NJ
I had a basic Nuvi (205) for about 5 years and rather than pay to update the maps I decided to splurge and buy the best unit Garmin makes. It's actually pretty cool. It has a high definition screen, voice command, you can add a bunch of apps to it, connect it to a smart phone and it comes with free lifetime map updates. When you turn off of a highway it shows you a picture of your exit. It keeps track of your driving destinations and when it detects a pattern it automatically displays the route and arrival time when you turn it on.

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ
Wifey dragged me to BJ's today, so I picked up a Nuvi 2555LMT for $130, plus enjoyed all the free holiday food samples :D