Black deer!?!

Gruf

Jun 24, 2010
So me and my sister took the jeep out in Wharton yesterday. while we were out we both saw a black deer. I know that it sounds weird and i have never heard of it before but we both saw it and neither one of us wanted to be the first one to say it was black, for fear of being called stupid.

I didn't think all too much of it, but I told some of my cousins, and they started arguing with me saying that there was no such thing as black deer, and it must have been a bear. However, I clearly remember seeing the white tail as it ran away from us.

Does anyone hear have any input???

imkms

Explorer
Feb 18, 2008
SJ and SW FL
So me and my sister took the jeep out in Wharton yesterday. while we were out we both saw a black deer. I know that it sounds weird and i have never heard of it before but we both saw it and neither one of us wanted to be the first one to say it was black, for fear of being called stupid.

I didn't think all too much of it, but I told some of my cousins, and they started arguing with me saying that there was no such thing as black deer, and it must have been a bear. However, I clearly remember seeing the white tail as it ran away from us.

Does anyone hear have any input???

Funny you bring this up, a coworker just send me pix of a black fawn,

black deer.jpg

CorraClaire

Sep 16, 2009
NW NJ
Black Deer Sighting

Hi! That is a beautiful picture of the two fawns and doe...do you know where the picture was taken? Thanks...

imkms

Explorer
Feb 18, 2008
SJ and SW FL
Hi! That is a beautiful picture of the two fawns and doe...do you know where the picture was taken? Thanks...

Responding to two quotes here, I only have the images provide to me in the original email, but pasted below are two other pix that came in the same email, enjoy!
Almost forgot, I do not know where these photos were taken.

blackdeer3.jpgblackdeer2.jpg

CorraClaire

Sep 16, 2009
NW NJ
Black Deer Sighting

Well, thanks anyway! And those two other pictures are really nice. Much obliged.

Oh yes, would you be able to send these pictures in higher res imaging as you did the first one?

Take care!