Bobwhite's released

Pinesbucks

Explorer
Apr 15, 2013
I think it is awesome and glad that projects like these are going on. I hope they survive and continue to reproduce for years to come. However that said the woods need balance and right now coyotes are continually growing in population which may affect this project.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
I woke up to them every morning in the summer as a kid in Marlton when the farms were all still there. I hope this goes well and I hear them again.

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ
The only re-introduced Quail that I am aware of that was successful, was out in either Oregon or Washington state for Mountain Quail, and that took many, many years. If these birds do breed, the offspring will be going somewhere, and that somewhere will not have been tailored for them. They might be successful on the Haines plot, but beyond that it's a long wait and see.

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ
It's not the 'yotes, but mostly raptors. Coopers love Bobwhites. Only mortality by a 4-legged was by a member of the Weasel family. I'm hoping NJ Audubon publishes monthly updates on what is taking place. I give them an A+ for trying. Many southern states have and given up do to the costs.

Pinesbucks

Explorer
Apr 15, 2013
That's good that mortality rate has dropped. Hopefully they can mate and reproduce. I would love to see them come back strong. Next up how do we get wild pheasants back?