Boy Scout Camp In Tabernacle

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
All,

I was searching around and just noticed that on December 6 the New Jersey Conservation Foundation (NJCF) had settlement and appears to be acquiring the Boy Scout Camp on Butterworth Bogs Road adjacent to Butterworth Bogs.

Here are the facts in the paperwork below.

Notice it looks like every lot the Boy Scouts owns is listed so they had settlement on all of it. Right now we have to be careful on what is actually happening because they may allow the Boy Scouts to stay there and use the property. I don't know yet. However, if the NJCF takes this over and the Boy Scouts leave, there is a possibility the NJCF will be able to connect trails from Carranza through the recent state acquisition of the stomping mill property all the way to Butterworth Bogs Road.

This will also give easy access to the state land behind Butterworth Bogs and Moores Meadow that has always been fairly hard to visit.

Screenshot 2023-12-27 at 8.24.12 AM.png

Boy Scouts.jpg

Reactions: dragoncjo

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
They do Bob. I have been there. I went there once years ago and the man let me roam around the place.

Just so everyone knows, it is an Agreement Of Sale. The sale is not finished. I was not able to download the complete info until a few minutes ago.

agree.jpg

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
Speaking of land and lots, I just sent an email to ocean county. They are dragging their feet on this Daniels Law. Not only will they NOT show ownership by ANY person, they won't even show ownership of vacant land or conservation land.

1703690142723.png

• Angry
Reactions: Teegate