Buck Run

Jon Holcombe

Explorer
Dec 1, 2015
Medford
Thanks to Teegate's road clearing I was able to get up to Buck Run on Wednesday morning for a location scouting expedition. Found no locations but tried out my macro lens. Searching for compositions on the Oswego but I am coming up short. Maybe I will try when the weather gets cool to get on the other side of Martha Pond, or launch my kayak from the Batona Trail Bridge. EDIT: This appears to be a male "Calopteryx maculata", Ebony Jewelwing Damselfly. According to the National Park Service the habitat is "cleaner, faster streams that run through sun-dappled forest openings" which is exactly where i found him.
buck_run_dragonfly_june28 (3 of 1).jpg

buck_run_june28 (3 of 1).jpg

Last edited:

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
As I was reading this to Jessica, she turned around quickly and yelled "what about Jessica's hard work cutting the log." :D

Glad you were able to make it.

Jon Holcombe

Explorer
Dec 1, 2015
Medford
Some nice little piney islands on the other side of Martha Pond.Also a dead end ditch over there that has some nice big pieces of slag lying on the top of the hill at the end of it.
Thanks for that bit of information MM. Boyd's Lidar map indicates a trail that looks like it goes right to the area you speak of. I may wait until cooler weather since those trails are sometimes overgrown with heavy brush.

Last edited: