BUGS, BEARS, AND BACTERIA

B

bach2yoga

BobM said:
bach2yoga said:
Nah, Behr's cool. You know damn well I wasn't talking about him. You're screwing around with my posts in the quote boxes again; it was a response to your comment, not Behr's.

You are correct, and I am sorry. I should not have dragged Behr in to it. I'll stop screwing with your posts and changing them.

a wary eyed and very guarded thank you, I think... time will tell. If we could both drop the attacks and undermining with a white flag that would make things much smoother around here for everyone. But this isn't the first time I have suggested that, so I don't expect miracles.

njvike

Explorer
Jul 18, 2003
Sparta, NJ
home.earthlink.net
bach2yoga said:
It's an amazing sight, isn't it? The beach lined with hundreds of these creatures mating? And the little green eggs almost look like sand...
they are cool creatures.

It truly is an amzing site although, I didn't really feel like swimming in the ocean after that. Between the horseshoe crabs and jellyfish, I went for the pool. :x

njvike

Explorer
Jul 18, 2003
Sparta, NJ
home.earthlink.net
bach2yoga said:
bunnymom3 said:
Hey Renee,

Thanks for you post. As a matter of fact thank you for most of your post. It's nice to have someone spend the time doing alittle research for us all. You really do give alot to this group. Thanks.

Nykki

Thank you... very much.

Renee

I also would like to thank you for the informative posts.

Ken

B

bach2yoga

njvike said:
bach2yoga said:
It's an amazing sight, isn't it? The beach lined with hundreds of these creatures mating? And the little green eggs almost look like sand...
they are cool creatures.

It truly is an amzing site although, I didn't really feel like swimming in the ocean after that. Between the horseshoe crabs and jellyfish, I went for the pool. :x

Thanks, Ken.

Oh, yes, I know exactly what you mean! Those days are just not meant for swimming in the ocean, lol! Least it's not all summer long.

One thing I've heard as true...."I've never met a dead horseshoe crab that doesn't stink!" :D I keep wishing I could find a full molt since they don't smell...(though I suppose "smell" is somewhat relative!)

njvike

Explorer
Jul 18, 2003
Sparta, NJ
home.earthlink.net
bach2yoga said:
njvike said:
bach2yoga said:
they are cool creatures.

Thanks, Ken.

Oh, yes, I know exactly what you mean! Those days are just not meant for swimming in the ocean, lol! Least it's not all summer long.

One thing I've heard as true...."I've never met a dead horseshoe crab that doesn't stink!" :D I keep wishing I could find a full molt since they don't smell...(though I suppose "smell" is somewhat relative!)

Oh yea!!! That and the combination of some problems with raw sewage makes for a very unpleasant stay.

I once had those green-head flies follow me back (1/4 mile) to the hotel that I stayed at. Damn, those things are determined.

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
njvike said:
bach2yoga said:
bunnymom3 said:
Hey Renee,

Thanks for you post. As a matter of fact thank you for most of your post. It's nice to have someone spend the time doing alittle research for us all. You really do give alot to this group. Thanks.

Nykki

Thank you... very much.

Renee

I also would like to thank you for the informative posts.

Ken

Man you guys lay it on thick. :barf:

B

bach2yoga

ew....it seems there is always a problem each year on one beach or another being closed for something... those land breezes bring in those flies sometimes and they are absolutely relentless. They have some nasty, nasty bites.
I've never been stung by a jellyfish, hope I never am...

Capt' Tom, what's it like as a commercial fisherman on the ocean? I've only been out a few times on fishing boats. Does it get like that further out, too? I grew up in an area heavy into crabbing though, and that definitely gets nasty.

njvike

Explorer
Jul 18, 2003
Sparta, NJ
home.earthlink.net
BobM said:
Man you guys lay it on thick. :barf:

I believe your misunderstood my message regarding Renee's posts.

I thought my message was clear in that I appreciate the informative and interesting messages that she takes the time out to post to this board.

My reply was neither an invitation to stir-up what appears to be the end to a flame war nor to take sides.

Regards

Ken