Cabin rentals?

ex-lion tamer

Mar 14, 2007
The Concrete Jungle
Hi, I'm new to the site and this is my first post. Glad to be among so many fellow PB lovers -- it's my favorite place on the East Coast (I was born and raised out west), and one of my all-time favorite places on the planet, no lie.

Anyways, my brother and I are wondering if there are any cabins for rent deep in the pines. We're planning a long getaway, and while we'd ordinarily camp out, this time around we'd like to have access to a refrigerator, soft beds, and (sorry) a TV set. We'd also prefer it to be in a fairly remote location (no suburbs, please), and close to a pond, bog, lake, or river.

OK, this is probably a tall, un-fillable order, but I figure it's worth a shot. Thanks in advance.

NJHIKERADAM

Scout
Jul 19, 2006
I stayed at the Cabins at Pakim Pond at Brendan Byrne State Forest and had a great experience.Although I think you have to book them for at least a week.

woodjin

Piney
Nov 8, 2004
Near Mt. Misery
Atsion lake (Wharton sf), pakim pond (lebanon sf), and Lake Absegami (bass river sf) all have cabins. You don't necessarily have to rent them for a week, I know I have done so for two or three day rentals. Some of the cabins on Atsion have showers. The TV thing is pushing it though, what do you need a TV for anyway?

there are also ALOT of private campgrounds south of the A/C expressway, and a few (Turtle creek, timberline, chips folly) near the lower Mullica.

Jeff

ex-lion tamer

Mar 14, 2007
The Concrete Jungle
Thanks for all the great cabin ideas -- I'll check them out.

As for why we need a TV, well, it's to watch all three seasons of Deadwood on DVD back to back. Weird, I know, but we're going to fit it in with all the canoeing, swimming, hiking, stargazing, and whiskey drinking we plan on doing, too.