Calico

Steve

Dec 31, 1969
Went searching for Calico on Saturday and I'm 95% sure we found it.Either Father Beck's odometer was off or he got stuck alot(lol),but the spot we found was only about 1.5 miles east of Martha,just beyond the cranberry bogs along Calico-Warren Grove road.Standing next to what used to be a small bridge over Beaver Run,up on a promontory overlooking a cedar swamp we found the remains of a house.If this is Calico,then this was the Ellis Adams farmhouse.We are going back soon to explore some more around the Beaver Branch area to be 100% sure.

BarryC

Explorer
Dec 31, 1969
members.tripod.com
Well this is good news. Can't wait to see the site/remains of the Ellis Adams Farmhouse.
And now I know you don't have the site confused with that of Nash's Cabin. Nash's Cabin is 3.2 miles from the Martha Furnace site according to my truck odometer.

Steve

Dec 31, 1969
If this is Calico theres really not much to see, just a hole in the ground and scattered bricks.It looks like Becks photograph without the fireplace,but alot more trees.I'm going back to that area to look around somemore on saturday afternoon.Anyone else going?????

BarryC

Explorer
Dec 31, 1969
members.tripod.com
I'm planning on it. If others will be there, I'll be there!
It's okay with me if it is just a hole in the ground. As long as I know that I've found what I'm looking for, that's great.