Coastal storm??

T

Toothy Critter

I know that water levels are low in the much of the state, especially in the Pines, but it seems to really have affected the Bald Eagle reservoir in Franklin Parker. I know its been low before, and that its a cyclical part of nature, but was just wondering if it has something to do with the Ducks Unlimited project of a few years ago. Seems like all the runoff ditches will artificially keep water levels low and unable to resist these droughts. Just a thought. I see where Ducks Unlimited would have been aggressive with the implementing of the project, but one thing seems to be absent from the area... ducks and duck hunters ! IDK, just wondering. Or is development just sucking the aquafer dry? YES...we need rain.

Pinesbucks

Explorer
Apr 15, 2013
Yes toothy we need the rain. But yes development is sucking the aquifers dry. That along with runoff it is not be replenished. Time to open a desalination plant and pump it back up.

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Ben's Branch, Stephen Creek
Heading out this morning I found that a big pine tree had fallen across the driveway. The chainsaw made pretty quick work of that, but as I was finishing up I remembered a big dead oak further down the driveway that I've been keeping an eye on. Sure enough, it was also down, completely flipped over with the roots sticking up. Lucky break on that one though, it fell into the woods. :)

Just got back from Marlton and the wind definitely seems stronger down South here, lots of branches in the roads.

Reactions: Menantico