Col. Elijah Clark house

Piney2LA

Hey everyone!

This is my first post. Grew up in Sweetwater up until my early 20s and never really learned anything about its history. I know a bit about pleasant mills and spent many days and nights wandering around the pine barrens. I've read a lot of books on the area too! So I thought the elijah clark house would be a good place to start. I'm a huge colonial history buff and I always loved that old home on the lake. If I ever hit the big jackpot it would probably be my first purchase.

-Mike 'the piney in the bayou'

Piney2LA

Would anybody happen to have old pictures or know where one can find old pictures of the interior or exterior for that matter. I've seen all the newer ones from the past 10 years via a simple Google search. If anyone has any knowledge on a source even that would be great. Thank you

Zach McGarvey

Explorer
Feb 11, 2018
Woodbury / Vineland NJ
Funny, it's a small world. My former coworker owns it. When he bought it a few years back it had been recently renovated inside due to a fire. I bet if you swing by one day while he's outside he'd be happy to talk to you about it, but I doubt he'll be selling it. His name is Justin.

Reactions: Boyd and Piney2LA

Piney2LA

Thats awesome Zach! Me buying it is a pipe dream but you never know what the future may hold, right!? Unfortunately, I won't be able to stop by and speak to Mr. Justin unless its on my next vacation to visit family! I live in Southwest Louisiana now. I grow up right in Sweetwater on 7th Avenue between Elwood-Weekstown Rd and Pleasant Mills Rd.
Thanks for your response. If you still talk to Justin and he has any old photos that came with the house when purchased it would be awesome if you could share them here.

Reactions: MuckSavage and Boyd

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
It's too bad you weren't around in 2016, there was an open house.

Reactions: Piney2LA