Conservation Group Blocks Private Roads To Pit Known To Draw Unregistered, Unlawful Vehicles

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
The last paragraph is a concern. Maybe someone may want to walk back to check the place out.

1Jerseydevil

Explorer
Feb 14, 2009
If they knew they were going to close it, they never should have opened it.
Bob
Not trying to beat a dead horse, but from my understanding, the conservation folks that own and leased the land to the ORV park are NOT the same folks that pressured that group to not renew the lease and are not the ones that cut all the trees down and are NOT the ones that have now created a public nuisance. I think my comment is appropriately fitting.

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
Bob
Not trying to beat a dead horse, but from my understanding, the conservation folks that own and leased the land to the ORV park are NOT the same folks that pressured that group to not renew the lease and are not the ones that cut all the trees down and are NOT the ones that have now created a public nuisance. I think my comment is appropriately fitting.

Never mind JD.

Last edited:

RednekF350

Piney
Feb 20, 2004
Pestletown, N.J.
Bob
1JD, it looks like the NJ Conservation Foundation (NJCF) owns it now and has owned it since at least 1995 or earlier. Wasn't the opening of the ORV park after 1995 ? They closed in 2008. Who put the pressure on the NJCF not to renew ?

1Jerseydevil

Explorer
Feb 14, 2009
1JD, it looks like the NJ Conservation Foundation (NJCF) owns it now and has owned it since at least 1995 or earlier. Wasn't the opening of the ORV park after 1995 ? They closed in 2008. Who put the pressure on the NJCF not to renew ?
I don't remember as I wasn't involved with the ORV park and yes I believe it is NJCF. I know somebody to ask if it's important and I'll keep it private. I do know NJCF was planning to renew the lease for a longer-term. I have a strong suspicion who the anti's are but don't want to say until I confirm. Another group," the great egg harbor watershed society" or something similar to that name cut the trees after the ORV park closed and dismantled all the tracks and such as per the lease agreement.

RednekF350

Piney
Feb 20, 2004
Pestletown, N.J.
I don't remember as I wasn't involved with the ORV park and yes I believe it is NJCF. I know somebody to ask if it's important and I'll keep it private. I do know NJCF was planning to renew the lease for a longer-term. I have a strong suspicion who the anti's are but don't want to say until I confirm. Another group," the great egg harbor watershed society" or something similar to that name cut the trees after the ORV park closed and dismantled all the tracks and such as per the lease agreement.
Thanks JD. it’s not important.
The New Jersey conservation foundation has quite a bit of land tied up in New Jersey I’ve never been a fan of their hunting regulations. I am surprised that they were the ones that gave the off-road vehicle park a whirl.

I kind of went backwards with my off-roading escapades. I started riding in the pines legally in the late 1970’s in my teens with plated street legal enduros. Then I got a CR 480 in 1983 and then rode outlaw from that point on. It was catch me if you can and they never did. :)

This State would benefit in many ways by encouraging the provision by public or private entities of a venue for people that are willing to at least try to be legal with their off-roading activities. PA allows ATVs to be registered and used in many of their State properties year round. In more remote areas Of P.A. where I deer hunt we use quads as our daily transportation and even go into “town“ for groceries and no one bats an eye. I’ve heard that PA is part of the real United States.:)

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
This old post may be of interest.

RednekF350

Piney
Feb 20, 2004
Pestletown, N.J.
This old post may be of interest.

Thanks Guy. That Post fills in all the blanks.

1Jerseydevil

Explorer
Feb 14, 2009
Redneck
We may know the same person who was one of a few that got the ORV park started. The story I got is the pit was a public nuisance prior with bonfire parties, burned cars, and dumped trash. The conversation group couldn't patrol or stop it and thought maybe an ORV park would clean the area and stop the problems. The ORV park did, was successful and a needed option.

Guy
Thanks for the link. I remember it was discussed topic here.