Contrail Conspiracies

Jan 3, 2007
Cherry Hill
Hey guys, I was watching a special on Discovery Times regarding the conspiracy theory surrounding airplane contrails. Some people believe that the Government is releasing weather modifying chemicals into the atmosphere via the contrails released by airplanes. http://members.cox.net/davehanson/weirdworld/chemtrail.htm
Apparently people are reporting illness associated with exposure as well as certain environmental concerns. There was one report on the show in regards to tests showing aluminum and other metallic chemicals unusually appearing in bodies of water. Im not much of one for conspiracy theories but there are certain ones that I find interesting. Has anyone ever come across this subject before? What are your thoughts on the matter?

MarkBNJ

Piney
Jun 17, 2007
Long Valley, NJ
www.markbetz.net
tinfoil-hat.jpg

Sue Gremlin

Piney
Sep 13, 2005
Vicksburg, Michigan
I've seen this a lot. My husband is a pilot and finds it fascinating. If you Google "Chemtrails" you'll find more information. One school of thought is that the evil government spreads chemicals on us to keep us stupid. Or something. To turn us into "sheeple".

Love the tinfoil hat photo.

BillyB514

Aug 6, 2007
While I am not a believer of the contrail theory I do see them from time to time in the air. This topic does make think of the good old days with Art Bell on coast to coast AM.

I've seen this a lot. My husband is a pilot and finds it fascinating. If you Google "Chemtrails" you'll find more information. One school of thought is that the evil government spreads chemicals on us to keep us stupid. Or something. To turn us into "sheeple".

Love the tinfoil hat photo.

Hmmmm........might be working. Seems they must be concentrating over Hollywood.

LongIslandPiney

Explorer
Jan 11, 2006
The claim that they are "chemtrails" is laughable. They are simply condensation from jet exhaust. With that said, I cannot stand what the airplanes are doing to the sky. Some days it is just covered in these lines. It's disgusting.
The contrails are also trapping heat which could be contributing to global warming. Airplane design and fuel modifications have shown in tests to reduce or eliminate contrails. So why hasn't it been done? The same reason why alot of folks still drive 10mpg tanks to work and back.