Corn Snake

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
All,

Jessica and I are going to spend more time this summer looking for snakes. So today we headed out with two places in mind to check for them. We struck out with both and decided to look for a few property corners. Along the way I found this.

When I picked it up the snake was really cold and felt like ice, and when I handed it to Jessica she actually said the same thing to me. Very sluggish and docile. This was our first Corn Snake find.

IMG_0190a.jpg

IMG_1022a.jpg

Last edited:

manumuskin

Piney
Jul 20, 2003
millville nj
www.youtube.com
Corn snake is one of the three species I"ve never encountered in NJ in the wild! Awesome Guy! There is a rumor that jersey corns are drab and not very pretty compared to more southern corns.This has just put that crap in the garbage can! gorgeous snake!

manumuskin

Piney
Jul 20, 2003
millville nj
www.youtube.com
The last corn sighted in Cumberland County was a DOR on Ackley Rd in the 90's about two miles from my house.There is a theory that the Black rat snakes have bred with them and swamped their DNA.Many of out Black rats down here have red streaks in them and being a Corn is a red rat snake and it is not inconceivable they would breed with each other.We have Black rats out the wazoo down here and I have seen many with red in them.

Reactions: Menantico