Custard Stand

DeepXplor

Explorer
Nov 5, 2008
Jersey Shore
The remains of a wooden building and a cinder block outhouse are located at the intersection of Rt 206 and Rt 532 in Tabernacle. The last time this stand was in operation was in 1970 by Ken and Dot Yates of Tabernacle. It appeared that it was in operation in the 1960s but I can't prove that. If anyone can provide me with additional information, it would be appreciated.

Custard_Stand_1.jpg

Custard_Stand_2.jpg

Custard_Stand_outhouse.jpg

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Don't know anything about it but I can say it was before 1973, so your date can't be argued by me.

Guy

ecampbell

Piney
Jan 2, 2003
There has been a building there since 1956. I don't know if it was a custard stand then but probably a snack bar of sorts. I have an 1989 phamplet called "Historic Tabernacle A Pictorial Tour", but it's not in there. I wish the Historical Society would put together a book like they did in Shamong.

http://www.historicaerials.com/?poi=8893

Up until a few years ago there was a light blue sign on 206 that read "CAFE"

LARGO

Piney
Sep 7, 2005
Pestletown
I have always loved driving by and seeing that little building, even in it's continuing state of decay. Something about it and others like it just bring a warm feeling to me as thoughts of their past bring visions to mind. The folks that have graced their doors and the time's they've seen. Neat stuff.

g.