Dash Cam

Discussion in 'Electronics Insanity' started by Teegate, Nov 6, 2018.

1. Teegate

Teegate Administrator
    Site Administrator

My daughter purchased a new dash cam after her second Garmin stopped working on her. One stopped working after 15 days and the other lasted a few months more. It was not a cheap one either. In any event, today she took this video in her car. More wide angle and 2K. The Zedge Z3.

Toothy Critter likes this.
  2. Toothy Critter

Toothy Critter Explorer

I want one How much and where?

3. Teegate

Teegate Administrator
    Site Administrator

4. Teegate

Teegate Administrator
    Site Administrator

She has only used it two days so this is only a quick review of it. The suction mount is much more secure than my GPS which in the beginning fell off the window all the time. That was because I took it down each day and once I stopped doing that it stays up.

The night video looks good also on her new one. She drives 2 hours a day in the dark so that was important to her. Her only complaint so far is the cable is really long.

5. bobpbx

bobpbx Piney
    Staff Member

Guy, what kind of time does a loop usually run on these things before it overwrites itself? I don't see it advertised.

6. Teegate

Teegate Administrator
    Site Administrator

It depends on the size of the card. The bigger the card the longer it takes to overwrite. It comes with a 32Gig. On my dash cam every 10 minutes is about a GIG so that would be about 5 hours or so. I am not sure about her new one. If you see something you want to save, you just push a button and it locks that portion of the video and will not overwrite it until you remove the file or unlock it.

bobpbx likes this.