DATE CHANGE..... WHARTON CLEAN UP

turtle

Explorer
Feb 4, 2009
a village...in the pines
Hi everyone....

Due to model predictions for the weekend's weather, the Wharton Clean up scheduled for Sunday, Oct., 28 is now going to take place on Saturday, Oct. 27.....

Same bat-time, same bat-station.

Sorry for the late notice, but we did the best we could to re-schedule in a manner to accomodate attendees and organizers. I thank you all for your understanding and ask that you share the info with anyone who may be planning to attend.

Terry

turtle

Explorer
Feb 4, 2009
a village...in the pines
A quick re-cap of the results of the date change..... Approx. 80 folks showed up on short notice in 50 + vehicles. We still managed to fill two dumpsters, share a short-notice event at the Pic, sharing space with Jersey Crew and their benefit event, and salvage the day.
Many folks were truly missed. If Sandy is anything like Irene, there 's a possibility that access into the forest could be limited for a few weeks, which made for the Saturday date as opposed to Sunday next week.
As a side note, those of us camping were notified that NJ State Park facilities will close at noon today. Pennsylvania parks closed yesterday according to folks camping next to us. Stay safe everyone.

Terry

LARGO

Piney
Sep 7, 2005
Pestletown
I really wanted to attend since I missed last year kid, but you threw me a curve.
Had an engagement down towards Smithville.
I was talking to another neighbor that had to bail out that very morning.
No worries. Getting the work done was important and thanks to all that did get it done! Especially to any that passed a broom back here in beloved Pestletown for us.

Be Well

g.